cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dev mode help

PDB_
Explorer
hi, how do i activate the developer mode?
10 REPLIES 10

ohgrant
Superstar
 Here's a quick video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxzkVtrUWzc
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

PDB_
Explorer
it's  the video i've been watching it tells me i need a credit card there is any other way?

ohgrant
Superstar
 I just watched it again, says nothing about a credit card. It describes the only way you can put it in dev mode. 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

PDB_
Explorer
the oculus website tells me i need a card

ohgrant
Superstar
 I've been in dev mode on the Quest and now Quest 2. That's how you do it. turn it on in settings on your phone, go to their site and register as an organization, instant dev mode. Not sure what all the all the giggles are about, but if you are trying to figure how to put it in dev mode without an Oculus/ Facebook account. It's not going to work 

PDB_
Explorer
i'm trying from the desktop quest app for the oculus quest 2, because my phone is a samsung gaalaxy note 3 neo...

ohgrant
Superstar
 Well sorry giggles but it just doesn't work like that. See you in the funny papers kiddo.   😉

kojack
MVP
MVP

ohgrant said:

I just watched it again, says nothing about a credit card. It describes the only way you can put it in dev mode. 

No, that's the new policy. The video is out of date.

As of October 8 all new people MUST go through an extra step to get their developer accounts activated. Those of us who have bought from the Oculus store using a credit card are already approved (I didn't have to do anything, they already had it). Existing accounts also get until feb 2021 to do it, new ones after october 8 don't get that bonus time, they are immediate.

The two listed methods are a credit card or 2FA with a phone number.
The phone option, however, is only available to existing Oculus based accounts. New Facebook only accounts don't get the phone option, only a valid credit card can enable a developer account.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

ohgrant
Superstar
  I knew the credit card verification was coming, I thought for all of us.  Didn't know the phone step was gone for new users.  Sorry I suspected shenanigans with someone else's property