cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift stopped activating

AlexLogon
Honored Guest
Guys, I could really use some help here. For over a year I've been using Oculus Rift headset. It worked fine didn't have any problems and I was really happy with it.
But when I turned on my PC and tried to use it yesterday, it simply didn't activate (the orange light on the set is on, but it is not turning white). 
I plugged and upluged the USB and the App gave me "Your headset is not working properly popup" 
z3x5sw4iiw7z.jpg

I went into Rift app and checked the devices. The App gave me an exclamation mark over the Rift Device that wasn't there before .

821zip5q2ger.jpg

As I open the error menu, it gives me a "USB 3.0 connection recommended" warning. The port that it is connected to now is USB 3.0 and was working perfectly before. 

arw1aqk0p776.jpg

I tried to setup the Rift and it brought me to the connection menu where the it shows rift connection as USB 3.0 .

lpruci6d8gjw.jpg

But as I press "Next" it gives me "Oculus Hardware Error"  

9r4ri73hzyde.jpg

Presssing "Try again" doesnt change a thing and Skiping just returns me to the main menu..
The Rift won't activate, so I'm kind of stuck here.

I 'm running a
PC with Windows 10 Pro. WFE Pack 120.2212.31.0 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM
NVidio GeForce GTX 1080 

For now I tried usual routine:
1. Pluged/unpluged USB/HDMI cable from PC and from Rift itself.
2. Tried different USB ports.
3. Restarted/updated Rift App
4. Rebooted PC several times.
5. Downloaded and installed latest Windows updates.
6. Downloaded latest video drivers.
7. Switched on Public Test Channel in Beta section of Oculus App settings.

None of this steps changed anything. The light on the rist stays orange. The device does't activate. Any idea what might have happened to my device?
0 REPLIES 0