New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My link cable is 2.0 and it it's orange, can i still use this?

I've been trying to play steamVR and roblox with my new quest 2. but when i try to link to my PC it sends me to the same exact screen i was on. i don't know if it's my cord or not.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,357 Valuable Player
    Hard to say for sure but it sounds like your orange usb2 link cable is charge-only, not data.  You might want to try the usb2.0 charge cable that came with your Q2 and see if this works.  In any case you are probably best to get a proper usb 3.1 link cable (official one or at least one recommended by Oculus).

Also hard to say because you do not give any PC specs so it could be that you do not meet spec for Link.  Who knows?

https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/Index controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).