cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my GTX 1050 2gb Support Oculus Link

techlethal69
Honored Guest
On boxing day i was planning on buying a Oculus Quest 2 but im not sure if i can use Oculus Link to play Steam VR games with my gtx 1050 2gb.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rtathegawd84
Protege
It won't be powerful enough I'm afraid.. sure there is some hacks to lower game settings etc but the minimum ideal cards were rx480's or gtx 1060's that was years ago. Now with link getting major updates I'd be advising above a gtx 1070 minimum. People forget that it's not a true pc vr headset... The gpu has to render, then compress and send to the quest 2, where a normal gpu renders straight out to hdmi/displayport so really it's doubling timing when doing pc vr via link on the quest 2 compared to the true PC headsets

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

rtathegawd84
Protege
It won't be powerful enough I'm afraid.. sure there is some hacks to lower game settings etc but the minimum ideal cards were rx480's or gtx 1060's that was years ago. Now with link getting major updates I'd be advising above a gtx 1070 minimum. People forget that it's not a true pc vr headset... The gpu has to render, then compress and send to the quest 2, where a normal gpu renders straight out to hdmi/displayport so really it's doubling timing when doing pc vr via link on the quest 2 compared to the true PC headsets