New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Tracking Issues with Quest 2 since v23

dandjodandjo Posts: 10
NerveGear
edited November 17 in Oculus Quest 2 and Quest
Hi folks,

having annoying tracking issues mostly with my right controller and mostly when playing Beat Saber. The controller gets somehow lost, when moving it near my hips back to the front like shown in this YouTube video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BYHXRxe1FQ

I think this happens since the latest v23 update that also updated the controllers. Does anyone else have the problem here? Some are reporting on Reddit and YouTube.

Regards,
dandjo

Comments

• LameDuckWarriorLameDuckWarrior Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    Some things to consider.

• dandjodandjo Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Thanks @LameDuckWarrior .
    Did already try this. I'm using 60Hz and 1,5V new batteries. I've tried this in different environments too, the controllers always fail at the same brick (so the quite same movement) in Beat Saber. Before v23 I never experienced this issue.
  • SoulAuctioneerSoulAuctioneer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having the exact same issue. Prior to the update, I would get very occasional tracking loss in Beat Saber when swinging the controllers up from below hip level at my sides. Immediately after updating to version 23 with the controllers update, it's become dramatically more frequent. Turning room lights to max brightness helps only a little. Frankly Expert+ is currently unplayable because too many blocks get missed.
    NerveGear
    Is there an "official bugtracker" we can put this issue to?
    NerveGear
    This happens to all our Quests.

youtu.be/1RNYgx20rjI
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,041 Valuable Player
    dandjo said:
    This happens to all our Quests.

youtu.be/1RNYgx20rjI
    I don't think this actually happens to everyone.  Maybe try removing your controller batteries, power down your Quest, power back up, replace batteries with fresh ones, remove Guardian history, redo Guardian.  Then do a restart.  This fixed my tracking/controller problems I had after the last update.  Good luck.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

NerveGear
    Thanks @TomCgcmfc, one thing I did not try is to reset the Guardian. Did try the rest, without success. In my opinion (I'm an experienced developer doing 3D configurators), that's not a coincidence if this issue happens on every device updated.
  • amv101amv101 Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    My Quest 2 just started showing the "Lost Tracking" screen immediately upon boot-ups or restarts. It flashes and flickers, then goes to the normal guardian screen. It is the first screen I see when I boot up now. Never used to do that. No updates, no Sidequest... nothing different on my end. My room is well lit, and the lenses are clean.

It has also started to give me issues in game, just kicking me out of the game and putting me back into the Oculus home lobby.

I assume this might have something to do with the recent update? Anyone else experiencing the issue?
  • EnLlamantuEnLlamantu Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I get exactly the same issue since update to v23... before that all worked ok
  • Capalicious42Capalicious42 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here. Sometimes an update isn't ...
  • KittiNekoKittiNeko Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Ran into this issue today(tracking lost and have to reboot everytime ). Work flawlessly before the update. Unplayable at the moment, Saint and Sinner tracking would also buged out when crouching causing lag/shutter. Almost puke after 5-10 mins. Hope this is fix before Thanksgiving vacation T.T
  • poppetrockspoppetrocks Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    How do you check what update you are on? I have same problem. Tracking lost completely though. Even kicks me out of YouTube vr to home screen
    NerveGear
    How do you check what update you are on?
    You can find the version information in settings.
  • dtc99dtc99 Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    Lost Tracking occurred after v23 update
    How to fix it
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,041 Valuable Player
    Contact Oculus Support - or wait for v24, latter may take a month. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,354 Volunteer Moderator
    I've merged a couple threads relating to tracking problems following v23 update. I'm not sure if this is related to the Link problems or a separate issue so I'll keep this topic separate from the Link v23 thread.

Thanks
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19042.572)
    Brain Burst
    I ended up doing a factory reset and now it boots like normal. Not sure if it was an app, or the Quest software. I am not using the Link. Just a standard Quest 2.

One issue I did notice is how the virtual controllers appeared to be a foot off, when seeing them placed on a real table, when I was in the Oculus home room. When I grabbed the controllers, they snapped into the correct position.

I am wondering if re-pairing the controllers to the headset would work? Factory reset is a pain.
    NerveGear
    Interesting @amv101. Can you please report after, let's say a week, if this solved your issues?
    Brain Burst
    dandjo said:
    Interesting @amv101. Can you please report after, let's say a week, if this solved your issues?
    Will do... 
  • KnifaKnifa Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same experience here. A factory reset has cleared things up for now.

It seemed to happen randomly however I could get it to lag out consistency by looking down at my floor. Happens in the Home and when setting up the guardian, etc. Different lighting in the room nor 50/60Hz made a difference. 
    NerveGear
    Knifa said:
    I could get it to lag out consistency by looking down at my floor. Happens in the Home and when setting up the guardian, etc.

Exactly the same problem here. It's reproducable. Did the factory reset resolve this issue?
  • KnifaKnifa Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    dandjo said:
    Knifa said:
    I could get it to lag out consistency by looking down at my floor. Happens in the Home and when setting up the guardian, etc.

Exactly the same problem here. It's reproducable. Did the factory reset resolve this issue?
    Yes! I have heard other people say it doesn't last for very long though. So far so good for me, though.
    NerveGear
    Not a question especially for this topic, but if I factory reset my Quest 2, what happens with my achievements in Beat Saber? Are they stored on the device or in the cloud?