New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

GizmoVR video player not working after V23 update

TommyMaples12TommyMaples12 Posts: 11
NerveGear
edited November 2020 in Oculus Quest 2 and Quest
Just got automatic Quest 2 update to V23 and GizmoVR Video Player is now broke.  Reinstall of the App didn't make a difference.

Comments

• TommyMaples12TommyMaples12 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    This is still broke!  I know GizmoVR is supposedly unsupported, but why would something that was working before the V23 update stop working and then Oculus claim it's not your problem.  Really freaking aggravating.  I'm now going on almost three weeks with this Video Player broken and unusable.
  • n9ytyn9yty Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    The devs are aware of it, I had submitted a ticket. I have no idea when/if they will fix it, but they said they were working on it.  Given how it presets a white area I am guessing something changed in the API for rendering the content but who knows.
    NerveGear
    I opened a ticket also that Oculus canceled because they wanted to take the easy way out and say GizmoVR is unsupported.
    The main thing I use the headset for has now been broke for 3 weeks.  n9yty can you find out from the devs what the fix is or when it will be fixed?  I was on the nonVR part of the website I'm trying use and one person supposed has a work around but isn't willing to give it to me because it's too much effort.
    Really unhappy by the lack of support between Oculus and the Website that uses this VR player.  Neither has given the fix after 3 weeks.  Which is ridiculous.
  • Slingshot2020Slingshot2020 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I noticed the same thing, and it is a shame, since GizmoVR is IMO the best free VR player and a much better browser than the included oculus browser for VR content. I think the fix should be from GizmoVR team to update their app for the new update
    NerveGear
    I don't care who fixes it, Oculus or GizmoVR but this should be fixed by now.
    NerveGear
    I got e-mail from GizmoVR that this will be fixed within a week or so.  If anyone sees the fix please post here.
  • JabokaiJabokai Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I just bought a Quest 2 today and this was the first thing I looked for! Still broken as of today... if it's not fixed within my return period for the Quest 2, it's going back! 
    NerveGear
    Well Gizmo didn't follow through on when they said it would be fixed.  Still broken.
  • DukebimmelDukebimmel Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It´s now working
    NerveGear
    It´s now working
    Really? I just downloaded it again and the dates on the files are all the same - doesn't look like it's been updated. Anyway, I uninstalled/installed anyway and it's still broken for me. To be clear, it has a load of blank white boxes in the browser where navigation/results/etc should be... the local media part may well work okay. The advert box works though.  :lol:
  • DukebimmelDukebimmel Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Jabokai said:
    It´s now working
    Really? I just downloaded it again and the dates on the files are all the same - doesn't look like it's been updated. Anyway, I uninstalled/installed anyway and it's still broken for me. To be clear, it has a load of blank white boxes in the browser where navigation/results/etc should be... the local media part may well work okay. The advert box works though.  :lol:
    I uninstalled the version and take the one from sidequest

NerveGear
    I uninstalled the version and take the one from sidequest

Ah, Okay, I didn't know about Sidequest, I was just installing from gizmovr's own site. I tried Sidequest and you are absolutely right, it works from there, thank you. :smiley:
  • DaddyWestDaddyWest Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    gizmovr doesn't show up in sidequest for me. Is the one on their site only for quest 1?
    NerveGear
    DaddyWest said:
    gizmovr doesn't show up in sidequest for me. Is the one on their site only for quest 1?
    I have a Quest 2 and it showed up for me. 
  • andy2mandy2m Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 2020
    SIdequest also worked for me when reinstall of direct download from GizmoVR site did not fix the "white screen" problem. I have a quest 2 that now seems to be 100% working.
  • samysousasamysousa Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    If any link is posted officially please share here.
    NerveGear
    samysousa said:
    If any link is posted officially please share here.
    GizmoVR site is now pointing to Sidequest, so obviously they've decided that is the official route now. Updated 4th Jan.