New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Unable to use Quest 2 link after V23 update

It was good until yesterday, but it's not recognized after v23 update. I don't think there's anything wrong with the usb connection.

Comments

• Frefa11Frefa11 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have a Quest 1, with the recommended Anker cable and no matter what I do, 3.0 ports refuse to work, constantly disconnecting itself before I even get into anything.
    2.0 ports are stable, but obviously that isn't ideal.
    Just to make sure, I used both a random usb cable I had laying around and a partylink, to the same effect.
    I've already tried:
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Oculus software
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling my USB drivers
    Turning off the "shut off this device to save power" setting in device manager and my power settings
    Unplugging everything but my Keyboard, Mouse, and headset.

None of this has helped me in anyway, no other devices have the same issue and I can't get a straight answer at what might the issue be.
    Oculus support keeps telling me to do the same things over and over, so they aren't any help either.

My computer specs are:
    Ryzen 7 3600
    MPG B550 Gaming Plus
    RTX 2070 Super

Does anyone know anything? I just want to get back to playing my games.

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 1,136 Oculus Staff
    @VRSNB Hi there! Please submit a ticket with us and include the log files from your system so we can review them and try and determine why the Link is not working. - Clint
  • FlimbamafooFlimbamafoo Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I got my oculus quest 2 recently, and one of the things I wanted to try was the oculus link features. I was able to play for quite a bit of time, and there were some bugs because of it being in beta. The bugs weren't bad at all and could be dealt with easily. Then next time I tried oculus link it just wouldn't start. My computer with a Ryzen 5 3600, and an RX 570 4GB recognized the headset, said it was in full working order, but when I click on oculus link on my headset the screen goes black then sends me straight back to the home menu. If I do this enough then it gives me an error that just says, "Oculus Link Keeps Stopping" and then gives me an app info option and a stop app option. The app info option does nothing and just stays at a black screen, and the stop app just brings you back to the menu. I have an Anker USB c cable that gives me up to 2.8gbs and is in good working condition. I have tried reinstalling the oculus pc app, trying the public test channel in the beta section, made sure my oculus is up to date, tried different graphics card profiles, restarting my oculus and my pc, updating drivers, and updating my bios. I haven't found anyone with this problem, and none of the videos or discussions I have read works. Please get back to me soon!
  • user_493156795880861user_493156795880861 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Well, i think we have the same problem after v23. Today i could use my pc from my Quest 2 until this got v23. After this, i can not use Oculus Link anymore.

If i try connect from PC (Oculus App) i have "1971063" error. I have do same things than you: uninstall pc app, put my quest to day one (i had to do the first steps of configuration), try other 3.0 port,...
    NerveGear
    Just the title: today i had time to install and try new v23 and i installed it. While my Quest 2 was downloading the new version i was able to use my pc and start SteamVr. After the download was installed i can not connect my Quest 2 to my pc with the App. When i try connect from app i have this error: 

> Connection test was not able to start. Please try again. (1971063) <

I have tried everything in mind: Try another 3.0 port, repair pc app, uninsttal and install, synchronize (if this is the word, sorry for my english) again the visor with my pc and mobile, reset to factory and start from 0 (already installed v23 with this option),...

Other options works: Wifi, connect to youtube from Quest 2,...

Help please.
    NerveGear
    Hey! you commented on my post and there was just an update on the oculus app. Im not sure if it fixes it yet but I suggest you go check
    NerveGear
    One more think, With my quest 2 i can not connect using "Oculus Link". If i use this mode, Quest 2 gets black screen and return to home menu.
    NerveGear
    that happens to me aswell.
    NerveGear
    the update did not fix my issue :(
    NerveGear
    me neither
  • KomoKaruKomoKaru Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    i have the same problem. I talked with oculus support and i'm trying change my oculus quest 2 for a new one. I know people that haven't problems with that, so maybe can be a defective device.
    If anyone have a solution please post, or comment or something. This is a fucking shit
    NerveGear
    One more think, With my quest 2 i can not connect using "Oculus Link". If i use this mode, Quest 2 gets black screen and return to home menu.
    The same shit I have. Before update i was working with oculus link without problem. I tried everything. Oculus service say me a lot of steps and nothing works. Reinstalls, deletes, install again, the wire, the graphic card drivers..., and nothing.
  • RalfmanRalfman Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hello there! I have a quest 1 and after updating with the beta channel in my Oculus app, i started to have this issue of the black screen jumping to Oculus Quest home menu. Sometimes if i reconnected everything it work again but it Is 1 in a 1000 times. I tested different cables and ports from my computer so Is not the pc hardware. It must be software related. I hope they patch this problem soon.
  • RalfmanRalfman Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Ok, an update. in my case i fixed it using the oculussetup.exe and repairing the Oculus installation. Good luck, i hope you are able to find a Solution.
  • WeritoMWeritoM Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited November 21
    Ralfman said:
    Ok, an update. in my case i fixed it using the oculussetup.exe and repairing the Oculus installation. Good luck, i hope you are able to find a Solution.
    Same problem. GTX1060. Tryed with different ports and cables. Tryed factory reset. I could use Oculus Link previous to v23. I performed the repairing using oculussetup.exe but it didn't work for me :(
    NerveGear
    Ralfman said:
    I tried that a few days ago and nothing... 
  • seffmaydaseffmayda Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    man so im not the only one, any updates on the black screen when linking to pc?
  • sammy281sammy281 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited November 21
    Oculus Link problem solved update 23
    hello if you updated to version 23 and the Oculus Link does not work for you. It is because as modified the OculusDebugTool tries to leave it as it came
    distortion curvature default
    encode resolution width 0
    encode bitrate 280
    youtube.com/watch?v=ipVVzWkDCNY
    NerveGear
    hello if you updated to version 23 and the Oculus Link does not work for you. It is because as modified the OculusDebugTool tries to leave it as it came
    encode bitrate 280
    NerveGear
    edited November 21
    encode bitrate 280
    NerveGear
    encode bitrate 280
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,041 Valuable Player
    That's just the normal thing we all need to do with any VR headsets = disable usb power savings.  What he does not mention is that you should also go into win10 device manager and do this with all your usb ports.  He is just doing it with win10 power plan settings.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,041 Valuable Player
    sammy281 said:
    encode bitrate 280
    That YT vid only mentions the fix that all us VR users should know.  That is, to disable all usb port power savings.  Not exactly earth shattering info imho.

As far as the other setting, I'm using OTT to set these values.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• AirAlvaroAirAlvaro Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    sammy281 said:
    encode bitrate 280
    Solved for me. Ty a lot
    NerveGear
    encode bitrate 280
    NerveGear
    encode bitrate 280
    NerveGear
    sammy281 said:
    encode bitrate 280
    Man, its works!!!! this is amazing!! The oculus support tried for a week and nothing, and you come and powww!!!!! I suck your dick!

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,354 Volunteer Moderator
    I've merged a number of threads, all relating to Link problems incurred after the v23 update (I think there have been 6).

It's really useful to have a single thread on any given problem as commonalities are easier to identify as well as solutions offered (if there is one) without having to repeat it in multiple threads.

It also helps that other member's posts aren't too quickly relegated down the forum as they would more likely then be ignored. Previous threads on the same subject also get pushed down which makes it more likely that those would be ignored also, which just perpetuates the problem of duplicate topics.

With so many new users this is going to become an ever bigger problem, please before creating a thread, do a quick search to see if there is already a thread on the subject and add your comment to that.

Thanks.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19042.572)
  • WeritoMWeritoM Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    sammy281 said:
    encode bitrate 280
    It worked.
    Thank you very much!
  • Frefa11Frefa11 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    sammy281 said:
    encode bitrate 280

Yeah that still did nothing.
    I can't for the life of me think of whats wrong, nothing else on my computer had this issue. Hell, it was working fine about a 2 weeks ago