New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can I use my Oculus without the software?

CdotsCdots Posts: 24
Brain Burst
So I moved some of my games over to steam using  the keys last night , the ones I care about anyway . For example I can now log into Elite Dangerous thru steam Vr. 
Now can I delete the Oculus software from my computer and just use steam to play Elite and all future Vr games? And just use the headset like we did when Oculus first launched without being forced social media down my throat? Or do I need to keep the software installed in order to use it.?

Thanks for your time

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 4,306 Valuable Player
    Cdots said:
    So I moved some of my games over to steam using  the keys last night , the ones I care about anyway . For example I can now log into Elite Dangerous thru steam Vr. 
    Now can I delete the Oculus software from my computer and just use steam to play Elite and all future Vr games? And just use the headset like we did when Oculus first launched without being forced social media down my throat? Or do I need to keep the software installed in order to use it.?

Thanks for your time
    Cdots said:

Thanks for your time

Got to have the Oculus software installed and running to use it.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • CdotsCdots Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Thanks . Unlucky lol