cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always says USB not connected or Display Port not connected when starting

Twist28712
Honored Guest
Everytime I fire up the Rift S, it has an issue and a notification that either the USB or Display Port is not connected when they are.  I have to unplug and replug in both to get the thing to work.  Sometimes that works, other times it gets the 3 dot loading display and never gets past that screen.  I would message support, but it appears they do not have that, instead they have this "Community Forum".  Does anybody know why, or how to fix it?  Should put this thing were it belongs, in the dumpster, and get myself an HTC set?

Oculus = Garbage.   That's my takeaway from my experience with this headset that can only do VR every so often.
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVED; With my display port monitor and my Rift S both plugged into my RTX 2080ti an error occurs     Check out the above Post from Nov 15, 2020.  Problem IS Solved

mostevil
Honored Guest
They're really moody about what USB ports will work properly.
I had that and a bug where the haptic vibration would cause the hands to lose tracking.  (there's no option to turn it off....)

Getting a PCI USB3.0 card with sata power fixed both those issues.
Inateck KTU3FR-4P worked for me.  But it's 30 notes I shouldn't have had to spend.

Yup, they're total garbage.  Loads of other stupid bugs not fixed a couple of years in.