New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can you play vr if you dont have legs?

I just bought an oculus quest 2 a few days ago and love it, I want to show it to my friend who has no legs and make sure he gets the full experience but I'm not sure how it will work since he's so low to the ground. He has no problem moving around without a chair, he'd put gloves on and go skateboarding and hiking with me so mobility isn't a problem im just not sure if he'll be stuck too low in vr like his character is crouching. Idk if you can change a height setting that'll solve it or if he'd have to play in a chair in a game with seated mode on. This is my first time posting on a forum since I couldn't find an answer anywhere so I hope I'm not posting it in the wrong spot or something, thanks!

Comments

• Eastcoast78Eastcoast78 Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    There are many games that are fine sitting down. Most players switch from standing/ sitting anyways to take a break. Yes most games have a height adjustment in the settings etc. I think he'll be fine.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,124 Valuable Player
    "Can you play vr if you dont have legs?"

Of course - it's easy  o:)

Handicapped Man in Wheelchair Wearing VR Headset Portrait of Male Disabled  Person in Casual Clothes Sitting Near Window in Large Bright Room and  Enjoying Virtual Reality Glasses and Keeping Hands Up Image -
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • niklas.fritzellniklas.fritzell Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Yup! Bigger adventure titles often have a crouch button like fallout 4 VR and walking dead saints and sinners for example. I don't know how it is for arcade titles but real irl crouching isn't something I must do very often in any game. Pavlov and onward I am not so sure about but overall you will be perfectly fine.
  • niklas.fritzellniklas.fritzell Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Plus you manually set your height in many games as well.
  • Fish_Taco1243Fish_Taco1243 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    RuneSR2 said:
    "Can you play vr if you dont have legs?"

Of course - it's easy  o:)

Handicapped Man in Wheelchair Wearing VR Headset Portrait of Male Disabled  Person in Casual Clothes Sitting Near Window in Large Bright Room and  Enjoying Virtual Reality Glasses and Keeping Hands Up Image -
    Yeah but hes not gonna wanna be in a chair like that, hes gonna be on the ground so he can turn around and get the full 360 deal (he could easy move around with the controllers in his hands) so the headset will be a lot lower than that to the ground 
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,364 Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 21
    People tend to turn using the controllers. My seat is a pretty good office chair that swivels nice and easy but I find it's easier still to use the snap turn that most games have assigned to the thumbstick. Many let you choose to turn by 45 or 90 degrees at a time and also allow you to choose smooth turning if you prefer but that tends to make me uncomfortable.

Watching 360 movies can be a bit more choosy as the media players don't always include controller turning unless I'm missing the feature (maybe others will correct me there). 
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19042.572)
  • facun.padifacun.padi Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    but maybe it's more inmersive if he sees the ground the same way when he is not wearing the headset, i mean, as we are use to see the ground at the height we do so, he might be as well.

• PITTCANNAPITTCANNA Posts: 538
    Trinity
    most games are designed for a variety of game modes, you can check which games he wants to play and if sitting is on the list it is optomized for that content and play style.