New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus app not detecting my quest 2 with link cable and usb 3

i have a USB 3 port on my laptop along with having a 1080 graphics card and a i7 processor i just cant seem to get it to connect when im in the oculus app on my pc the circle just keeps spinning and wont give me any feedback as to whats goin on i had it plugged in with the power off on the quest for an hour than i tried turning it on for an hour and im still not getting any feedback as to why its not connecting but my laptop seems to be detecting it cuz it changes my sound settings and i can use it as a speaker
Tagged:

Comments

• civicwilliamsoncivicwilliamson Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same thing happening with me on my 2060.
  • AztralboyAztralboy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here, I don't have any problem with my Q1
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 1,171 Oculus Staff
    Hi there, we'd like to look further into this with you. Could you please gather your Oculus Diagnostics Logs and submit them in a ticket to us by clicking here? Thanks!
  • wojciechmichalskiwojciechmichalski Posts: 13
    Brain Burst
    Same here -  no problem with Q1 , but Q2 not working - oficiall cable link
  • TheExceprionTheExceprion Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Hi there, we'd like to look further into this with you. Could you please gather your Oculus Diagnostics Logs and submit them in a ticket to us by clicking here? Thanks!
    Ya, support told me to send the diagnostics as well after they went through the basic troubleshooting steps (USB power settings, uninstall and update drivers, etc.).  After I sent it to them, no follow up at all until I repeatedly asked for an update. Then they asked me to perform the same troubleshooting steps.  Oculus support is horrible.  Don't get your hopes up for a fix.  People have been having this problem for over a year and it is still unresolved.