New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How can I check that my Oculus Quest 2 headset is really running 90 Hz after updating to V23 ?

Hi everybody,
My question in the title...
Thank you !
Pascal 

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,036 Valuable Player
    edited November 22
    If Oculus Tray Tool works with the Quest 2, just turn on the Performance HUD and your fps are constantly measured. Or use the fpsVR app in SteamVR games. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/908520/fpsVR/

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully/p1

Note these are just suggestions that work with the Rift hmds, I do not own the Quest 2. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 502
    Neo
    edited November 22
    Yep, Oculus Tray Tool reports all data to the Quest 2  :)
    Assuming the OP is talking about Quest 2 with Link...
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • JoyfulFrogsDevourerJoyfulFrogsDevourer Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Thanks for your answers. I do not use Oculus Link... I am thinking of acquiring a gaming PC but that is just a project right now... Any other idea to measure the FPS on a standalone Oculus Quest 2 ?
    Thank you again !
    Pascal
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,253 Volunteer Moderator
    There is an app from Oculus you can install on your Quest called OVR Metrics Tool. It will allow you to turn on an overlay that shows you information like your current frame rate and resolution. You can download the APK file here. There’s a page here with more information about installing and using the tool. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • JoyfulFrogsDevourerJoyfulFrogsDevourer Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Thank you nalex66 ! I'll try that and let you know... Have a nice day. Pascal
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,036 Valuable Player
    Thanks for your answers. I do not use Oculus Link... I am thinking of acquiring a gaming PC but that is just a project right now... Any other idea to measure the FPS on a standalone Oculus Quest 2 ?
    Thank you again !
    Pascal
    Don't think this is really necessary, or useful.  Since v23 the Q2 now defaults to 90Hz in all your Q2 home environment and browser.  It is no longer in the experimental options section.  For Games, 90Hz will depend on developers offering 90Hz options.  Maybe have a look at the 14 Nov 2020 Oculus Blog.  Worth reading imho.

The First Gift of the Season: Oculus Quest Update Adds Native 90Hz Support, a New Fitness Tracker, and More | Oculus

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).