cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC App Vs Browser

chefskinner
Honored Guest
the oq2 app that i downloaded to my pc doesn't show all of my apps nor is the purchase history accurate, in fact in only shows a handful of my purchases, but the web browser app shows everything correctly.... is this a known problem? moreover, what's the benefit of the pc app vs the browser, why do i need the pc app? thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

The PC app will only show you Rift titles. You use the PC app for Oculus Link (using the Quest as a PC VR headset). What you're probably seeing is the cross-buy titles that you've purchased. When you buy certain apps for the Quest you receive a copy of the Rift version as well.

The proper app to use with the Quest is the smartphone app, unless you want to play Rift titles.

chefskinner
Honored Guest

The PC app will only show you Rift titles. You use the PC app for Oculus Link (using the Quest as a PC VR headset). What you're probably seeing is the cross-buy titles that you've purchased. When you buy certain apps for the Quest you receive a copy of the Rift version as well.

The proper app to use with the Quest is the smartphone app, unless you want to play Rift titles.

thanks a ton for your very helpful response, it makes perfect sense.... i've been using virtual desktop to link to my pc and, from what i can tell, it does the job perfectly, so i guess i really don't need the pc app at all?

speaking of rift, i'm guessing not all rift titles are compatible with quest? i think i inadvertently downloaded a few, maybe even purchased a couple, and the oq2 handsets don't track at all, at first i thought it was a virtual desktop issue, but now i think it's simply incompatible apps?

fwiw i new to all of this, to gaming and to vr, so your response is greatly appreciated...

the more i've had a chance to play around with my oq2, the more i'm thinking that i really don't even need to connect to my pc... maybe there are some graphic intensive vr pc games that don't run well on oq2 alone or aren't available via quest? i tried playing some of my non-vr pc games using virtual desktop (i have a home theater pc with a 2080 ti and an i7 9700 that i also use with xbox controllers) and it was interesting, but the novelty quickly wore off and have gone back to my tv and projector for that... are there some must-have vr games, or experiences, that can only be had using a pc?

anyway, i'm finding that the oq2 has a ton to offer on its own, and i'm finding less and less reasons why i would want to connect to a pc?

thanks again!