New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Population One No Game Audio On Stream At All When Streaming

I have tried to stream Population one on my Quest 2 to Twitch a couple of times via OBS and every time the stream starts, the audio is fine with the menu music & sounds streaming through to twitch fine, but when I then join a lobby waiting for a game, all of the in game audio cuts on the stream (yet I hear everything fine through my headset).  The stream audio automatically resumes after the game finishes and I return to the menu lobby and the menu music and sounds start back up again.  I have been in touch with the game developers and they do not know why this would be happening at all, it's as though it is a privacy setting to block broadcast when joining with other players in a lobby.  

I have done a factory reset and allowed all permissions the game asks for.  The streaming setup should all be fine because both the Oculus menu sounds & Population One menu sounds come through on the stream fine, which shows the game is broadcasting sounds, just not when joining a game lobby.  I have streaming via casting to the browser and using browser capture in OBS, I have also purchased Air Receiver and used that as another capture source with the same results each time.  I also sometimes get a high pitch squeal coming through the stream (but not heard in the headphones).  These issues make it impossible to stream new VR content, which is turn will be damaging the potential to attract new players to both the game and VR itself.

Comments

• ItsVirtuallyJasonItsVirtuallyJason Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Did you ever get this solved? An app I developed has a very similar problem that we're debugging. It uses Photon to do networking (and I wouldn't be surprised if Pop 1 does as well). When not joined to the network, sound casts fine on Quest 2. When joining the network, sound stops working. Other people can hear it across the network, but it doesn't work on the cast.

Quest 1 still works perfectly fine, just like the Quest 2 did about a week ago. I feel like something they changed in the firmware has affected this.
  • SergeantMajorMonkeySergeantMajorMonkey Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    as you can see, no other replies so I've got no-where on this, other than bypassing the casting completely and having to buy Virtual Desktop and run Virtual Desktop Streamer which streams all game audio perfectly (apart from my mic which I have to capture on its own) so using VD is the only way I've got this to stream game audio wirelessly, but is not the most ideal way as it introduces additional latency, not much but it all adds up when it should be as easy as casting and job done.  I have raised this with the game dev's too and they have multiple people reporting the same thing
  • Mr_TrinidadMr_Trinidad Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having this same issue and no one is replying to me in the discord for the game. I am steaming to Facebook and the audio cuts out once we get into a game. This is a new issue as well as everyone was fine before the V.23 update. 
  • ReadyPlayerRickReadyPlayerRick Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am also having the same issue. I hope they resolve this as I love this game and would like to stream it fairly often 

• ReddotsightReddotsight Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Ive had same problem
  • BearDogGamingBearDogGaming Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    as you can see, no other replies so I've got no-where on this, other than bypassing the casting completely and having to buy Virtual Desktop and run Virtual Desktop Streamer which streams all game audio perfectly (apart from my mic which I have to capture on its own) so using VD is the only way I've got this to stream game audio wirelessly, but is not the most ideal way as it introduces additional latency, not much but it all adds up when it should be as easy as casting and job done.  I have raised this with the game dev's too and they have multiple people reporting the same thing
    How are you using VD to stream? Are you playing the PC version of Pop1 when doing that?

I am doing that as wel but noticing the climbing mechanic works less smooth
  • m3n0tu18m3n0tu18 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have exactly the same thing. I have noticed this happens in game like walkabout golf too but not others like vacation simulator.

In pop: one of you go into training or gun training it won't cut out the gameplay audio. Definitely an issue with the quest.

I also created a Reddit post about this with some visuals: /r/OculusQuest/comments/k2n7c4/a_strange_bug_facebook_live_feed_audio_bug
  • ArtGate_BrendonArtGate_Brendon Posts: 3 Oculus Start Member
    Same issue with me. We used to Livestream our social events without a problem. Now audio cuts out when we enter our app Art Gate. I'm hearing lots of other social games having the same issue. I think it is something to do with social. We use Photon. Keep me posted if anyone finds a fix. 
    NerveGear
    Same issue with me. We used to Livestream our social events without a problem. Now audio cuts out when we enter our app Art Gate. I'm hearing lots of other social games having the same issue. I think it is something to do with social. We use Photon. Keep me posted if anyone finds a fix. 
    So the temporary solution I have found is to use a wireless lavalier mic kit to connect to the headsets audio jack. It sends audio to the PC and works. I'm still tweaking bits and pieces to make it sound better but slowly getting there. 

People are saying is related to the v23 update. So hopefully Oculus will fix it in the next major release.
  • mightycoconutmightycoconut Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    edited January 16
    Hey I'm the Walkabout Mini Golf dev. Just found this when someone reported the issue. Yeah there's something going on under the hood when the mic turns on. We're looking into it but seems to be happening to all apps using Photon voice.
    NerveGear
    Hey I'm the Walkabout Mini Golf dev. Just found this when someone reported the issue. Yeah there's something going on under the hood when the mic turns on. We're looking into it but seems to be happening to all apps using Photon voice.
    Nice to meet you :) yea I thought it was strange after I noticed walkabout golf doing it as well. Let's hope Oculus fix the issues :) btw, awesome game you have created, my colleagues and I play it all the time.