cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying games before getting my Oculus Quest 2

jayivan
Honored Guest
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if I'll encounter any issues if I buy games in advance in the Oculus store without my Quest 2 yet since they're currently having a Cyber Monday sale. I won't be getting my Quest 2 until probably close to Christmas, but I just want to have a collection of games ready for when it does arrive. I know that you need to link your Facebook account with your Oculus device and that account will contain all the games you purchase. So does that mean that if I purchase games in advance in the Oculus store on my desktop using my Facebook account, I can just log in with the same account on my Quest 2 and download the games I purchased without any problems? Any help is appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

Javelin396
Adventurer
not really sure, but i dont see why it wouldn't work. I'd wager you'd be fine to do that

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
It worked for me.  I bought a couple of games in advance and they showed up when I got my headset.  It goes without saying you have to make sure to use the same account you bought the games with on the quest when it arrives.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

nalex66
MVP
MVP

jayivan said:
So does that mean that if I purchase games in advance in the Oculus store on my desktop using my Facebook account, I can just log in with the same account on my Quest 2 and download the games I purchased without any problems? Any help is appreciated!

You can purchase Quest games on the Oculus website, or using the phone app (which you’ll also need to set up your Quest). The desktop app only accesses the Rift store, so don’t buy games there unless you intend to play them on PC over a Link cable, or unless you know that the game supports cross-buy (which means you also get the Quest version from the same purchase).

It’s fine to buy games in advance, just make sure you buy for the right platform; both the website and the phone app have sections for Go/GearVR, Quest, and Rift.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo