cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes black mid game and turn off after few seconds (Oculus Quest 2)

PattyBoom
Explorer
Screen goes black mid game and turn off after few seconds, it is happening more and more often, since v23.
Could be at load screen, mid game, latest was 3 times during a song in beat saber. Doesn't matter which game, via oculus link or local. 
The game will be paused and sometimes I can get back into it, but more often than not I have to hard reset. 
I've tried factory reset the device as well but that didn't help either. 

Anyone else having this issue? I'm suspecting the proximity sensor and switched off "auto on" and set timer to 4 hours. But that didn't prevent it from being turned off either. 
3 REPLIES 3

PattyBoom
Explorer
The problem seems to be located at the proximity sensor, although turning off "Auto on" and set 4h inactivity doesn't turn off the sensor itself, so it still causes various games to erroneously put the game in sleep mode. 
By deactivating it in Oculus Developer Hub or Sidequest and run ADB command "adb shell am broadcast -a com.oculus.vrpowermanager.prox_close" it did turn off the sensor until the next reboot, which seem to have solved the problem until reboot at least for me. 

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
Great you were able to fix the problem at least temporarily. I wonder how many other common Quest 2 bugs can be dealt with dev hub side quest commands.

mustafajnr
Honored Guest
I am experiencing the same issue. Do you know if there is any permenant fix for this?