New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cyberpunk 2077 VR - Vorpx and Helixvision

VR-PunkVR-Punk Posts: 1
NerveGear
please support the development of a Real VR Mod !

Comments

• JackKniveJackKnive Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    How?
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,440 Valuable Player
    Anyone spending time on Cyber Pancakes? Right now the game is rated 7/10 on Steam, many seem to have performance problems or experience bugs...

Is the game any good? 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,855 Valuable Player
    I have it gonna try it tonight.
    firwt gane ive bought at release since diablo 3.

Mines from tge Epic games launcher not sure if that changes anything.
    WAAAGH!
    Morgrum said:
    I have it gonna try it tonight.
    firwt gane ive bought at release since diablo 3.

Mines from tge Epic games launcher not sure if that changes anything.
    Awesome that you try it ... first  o:)  ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,508 Volunteer Moderator
    Definitely will be buying it but I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything else until I played a couple of the games I haven't touched yet. Maybe I can wait until it's on sale if I stick to that.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19042.662)
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,372 Volunteer Moderator
    I'm very much interested in this game, but I'm not going to buy it until I manage to get my hands on an RTX 3080. I'll play MOH in the meantime. (I wanted a 3080 for that game too, but I think it will be more playable with my 1080 than Cyberpunk.)
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 2,527 Valuable Player
    I played around in it for a minute, made a character and started going through the story. It's pretty cool so far but the graphics actually look a bit dated to me where i popped out at so far. It was funny though, within half a day it had over a million concurrent players on Steam and was the number 1 game. I'll wait until I see more though before passing judgment.

Like everything else that CDProjektRed hs released, this will get better with time. Witcher 3 was a mess when it launched but was quickly patched up.
    I saw one floating beer bottle think a women was supposed to be holding it but thats about it.

They definitely have the feel of cyberpunk down.

Sooooooooo not kid friendly  your first real mission and theres a completely nude female.
    Like nothing to the imagination.

So far im enjoying  it alot.

Character creation is pretty big to the point where you can even make a trans character.
    Both directions on that aspect.
    WAAAGH!
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 414
    Trinity
    I have way too many things to do...and no time to....I guess I'll be waiting for now. Ah well, I waited to play Witcher 3 also...and benefited.
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0
    "Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details soon...don't want to spill anything just yet!!
    kojack said:
    Input customisation is incredibly broken.
    You can configure keys, but not all keys. Some keys are hard coded and can't be rebound. Some keys are hard coded and can be rebound, but still do their old action too. Numerous actions are missing from the config page.
    For example, F is the use key (pick up stuff, activate hacking, get in vehicles, open doors, etc. THE most used key in the game). It is hard coded, trying to use F for anything else will give an error, and the Use action isn't in the config page so you can't change it.
    Alt is hard coded to draw weapon, cycle weapon, weapon select menu when held and holster weapon on double tap. It can be bound in the config. I always use Alt as sprint. But in Cyberpunk, When I sprint my character takes 3 steps then the game pauses and the weapon select panel pops up.
    I is hard coded to inventory. Some left handed people use IJKL instead of WASD, but they can't because I can't be rebound.
    Arrow keys are hard coded too, can't use them instead of WASD.
    People with DVORAK and AZERTY keyboards can't use the standard movement keys on there either.
    The game menus can be used with a mouse, but to exit a menu you can't click on the Close label, you must press escape. There's no way to close a page with mouse.

This is Fallout 4 launch levels of bad input implementation. 
    Oof. That’s rough. As a lefty, key rebinding is a necessity for me, and hard-coded keys and/or functions are my bane. I map WASD onto the number pad, but the arrow keys are part of my typical binding too (down arrow for jump and right arrow for crouch, in easy reach of my thumb).

For some games I have no choice but to use AutoHotKey, but I always find it a bit buggy (sometimes keys don’t release when I stop holding them). Hopefully they’ll patch this up and make it properly functional... guess it’s a good thing I’m waiting until I get a new GPU. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • kojackkojack Posts: 7,227 Volunteer Moderator
    nalex66 said:
    I map WASD onto the number pad,
    Number pad 2 and 8 are apparently blocked from binding.
    nalex66 said:
    For some games I have no choice but to use AutoHotKey,
    Autohotkey doesn't work with Cyberpunk, people have been trying.

Hmm, I wonder how well my Logitech G13 will work.
    Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
    kojack said:
    nalex66 said:
    I map WASD onto the number pad,
    Number pad 2 and 8 are apparently blocked from binding.
    nalex66 said:
    For some games I have no choice but to use AutoHotKey,
    Autohotkey doesn't work with Cyberpunk, people have been trying.

Hmm, I wonder how well my Logitech G13 will work.
    Arrgg!!! Crushing my dreams! It's good to find this out before ponying up the cash, but I sure hope they fix that mess. I certainly won't be buying it if I can't play it.
    People are already making mods to fix some of this, but I don't know how much they can do. I've heard of a mod that changes the F key to E. But is that still hard coded? I want it to be Page Down, because that's what the bottom right button on the side of my mouse is (my G700 has 4 side buttons, I have them as home, end, page up, page down). I could rebind the mouse, but I shouldn't have to. Plus that doesn't fix the alt key problem for sprinting.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
    I saw a post on Reddit claiming that the hard-coded keys can be changed by editing an XML file, so perhaps all is not lost. This certainly wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had to do that to make a game playable. 
    I havent tried chaning the config guess thats why I hqvent had as bad an issue as Kojack.
     :'( 

Deus Ex series was good but its based off of cyberpunk as source material.
    And Cyberpunk is based off of Blade Runner with the addition of cybernetics.
    Which of course Blade Runner got its roots from the dystopian future in movies and books such as Soylent Green.
    It all comes down to Metropolis in the end...... That movie has inspired so much in Sci Fi.
    WAAAGH!
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,412 Valuable Player
    edited December 2020
    Enjoying it so far despite the MANY bugs. About 6 hours in. Here's some gameplay at ultra settings 4K with ray tracing enabled. The game looks wonderful (on PC) though. Would be best game ever even with the bugs if it was all VR. Youtube isn't encoding 4K videos at the moment probably due to the masses of uploads.

If you don't want any spoilers per se, then just watch video 1 and 3. Number 2 shows the Nomad path for about an hour from the start.

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • HowlinJimmyJeffersonHowlinJimmyJefferson Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Any bugs I've had have been very minor, so I'm either very lucky or I'm about to have some of the most buggiest gameplay of my life after typing this... First thoughts though is the game is good, but.. just.. good, hasn't blown me away if I'm honest. Fantastic soundtrack though.

• HowlinJimmyJeffersonHowlinJimmyJefferson Posts: 20
    Brain Burst

Yea the soundtrack is amazing and im not even a fan of the genere that much of it is taken from.
    WAAAGH!
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,412 Valuable Player
    kojack said:

The first main mission (from the preview videos) tells you to use stealth. I used stealth on everyone. But the boss is supposed to be killed. I distracted him and knocked him out. I now had a quest guide stuck on my HUD saying Defeat the Leader. Once knocked out, he was immortal, shooting him in the face did nothing. I threw him off a balcony, he fell 175m, then bounced 75m back up. He lived. I reloaded and carried him back to my car and drove over him, still lived. In the end I left him there, went back to my apartment, slept, and when I woke up the quest marker was finally cleared.

I replayed that mission twice Stealth and Non-Lethal and had no such issue. I even recorded it for you. The game experience is not uniform for everyone. That's PC gaming in a nutshell.

(still encoding).

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,884 Valuable Player
    This game is already breaking a record:

'Cyberpunk 2077' Hits Record-Shattering One Million Concurrent Players On Steam
    https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/games-cyberpunk-2077-hits-record-shattering-one-million-concurrent-players-20201210

This needs a VR Port, stat!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,373 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/games-cyberpunk-2077-hits-record-shattering-one-million-concurrent-players-20201210

Ya, no pancake, pantycake, bakers man for me, lol!  The only thing I'll play flat screen now is solitaire.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/Index controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,884 Valuable Player
    I like pancakes but I love pantycakes!
     ;) 
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    edited December 2020
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Zenbane said:

Ya, no pancake, pantycake, bakers man for me, lol!  The only thing I'll play flat screen now is solitaire.

Actually did have some fun in Anthem, which I bought months ago but never installed due to being a 80 GB pancake. Had planned to install my copy of Rage 2 for the first time this weekend too - bought it 6 months ago, but then never installed it due to being a 42 GB pancake (and needing that Bethesda launch app also bothered me). But with my new 4TB SSD and 10 times faster internet connection things have changed, lol.

But then I just got Medal of Honor Above and Beyond, and all pancakes this weekend are seriously cancelled, lol. 

Playing with dumb XBox controllers, mouse or keybord feel so ... amputated. 

Hmmmm, maybe I should still get that cyber 2D stuff and see what all the fuss is about... Bought the latest Tomb Raider, BattleField 1 and Dark Souls 3, didn't finish more than like the first 1 or 2 levels in those games. 

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 2,527 Valuable Player
    edited December 2020
    RuneSR2 said:
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Zenbane said:

Actually did have some fun in Anthem, which I bought months ago but never installed due to being a 80 GB pancake. Had planned to install my copy of Rage 2 for the first this weekend too - bought it 6 months ago, but then never installed it due to being a 42 GB pancake. But with my new 4TB SSD and 10 times faster internet connection things have changed, lol.

But then I just got Medal of Honor Above and Beyond, and all pancakes this weekend are seriously cancelled, lol. 

Playing with dumb XBox controllers, mouse or keybord feel so ... amputated. 

Hmmmm, maybe I should still get that cyber 2D stuff and see what all the fuss is about... Bought the latest Tomb Raider, BattleField 1 and Dark Souls 3, didn't finish more than like the first 1 or 2 levels in those games. 

You'll likely be disappointed if you didn't like any of the others.

But yea I figured that was a record when I saw it shoot up to a million after only a few hours. Hype train was rollin.
    Guess the word on the street is that the cyber stuff is "nearly as good as Spelunky 2"  :D  Top 6 this year:

Morgrum said:
    I havent tried chaning the config guess thats why I hqvent had as bad an issue as Kojack.
     :'(
    Some people can't stand low res. Some are sensitive to frame rate. Some can't ignore screen door effects. For me its input coding. I've been doing low level input coding for a long time, so I get really frustrated when big games have poorly designed input.
    Like how both X4 Foundations and Elite Dangerous have a 32 button limit on joysticks. Windows removed that limitation with DX5 in 1997, allowing 128 buttons! My own input library from 2005 supports Virpil throttles better than Elite Dangerous.

Here's Roach, my car, 20m under the road. I parked it, did a mission, then when I came back it had burrowed underground.
    All that was left above ground were the right side doors.

So you need 3090 for 120 fps - in 1920x1080:

- and 4k is like ... dead, even with ray-tracing deactivated:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/cyberpunk-2077-benchmark-test-performance/5.html

• PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 414
    Trinity
    Yep, their going to be patching until at least March initially...  It's looking like their game grow out of proportion as they went and they lost control of optimizing along the way... That's what happens when there are hundreds working independently.
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0
    "Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details soon...don't want to spill anything just yet!!