cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Tap to sign into network" no internet

A_Novice
Honored Guest
So I have been trying to play vr games for the past 2 days to no avail due to my internet not working on my quest 2. This is the first time I have ever had this problem. It worked just fine when I switched it to my phone's hotspot but I hope for obvious reasons, I can't use my phone's hotspot to play or download games. I did factory reset it many times but that did nothing. Whenever I attempt to go to wifi settings and connect to the wifi, it says "Connected, No internet" but when I get out of the wifi settings and go back in, it says "Tap to sign into network". When I click on it, it brings me to oculus browser with a url "client3.google.com/generate_204" or something like that. I have no clue how this started happening and how to fix it. 
9 REPLIES 9

Godlyjgirl
Honored Guest
im having the same problem, does anyone have a solution

arimations
Honored Guest

I have had the same problem my w

quest 2 has been a paperweight because I can’t even use it I tried to contact oculus support but none of their solutions helped me

ttiffanyy
Honored Guest

this just started happening to me as i was using my mobile hotspot since my university wifi doesn’t allow me to play certain games. out of nowhere i can’t connect to my own hotspot i’ve been using for the quest 2 for a year now, it tells me to tap to sign in to my hotspot when i never needed to and brings me to that same URL, i don’t understand. 

Bossk36
Honored Guest

Same issue.  Haven't played for a while and recently broke it out but can no loner connect to Internet.

clients3.google.com generate_204

alexsafayan
Honored Guest

Currently running into this same issue. However, for me, `clients3.google.com` loads, and displays a message saying, "This device is paused. To resume access to the Internet on your home network, open the Xfinity xFi app." So I believe my issue is caused by my internet connection. 

Hey there, @alexsafayan! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We know how important a stable internet connection is when trying to enjoy your VR experience! We'd like to provide you with a few suggestions to try to boost that Wi-Fi connection. Let us know if this helps!

• Try moving closer to your router.
  • Reboot the headset.
  • Reboot the Wi-Fi router.
  • Remove any third-party accessories (such as headset covers, etc.).

If you're still unable to connect successfully, send us a PM! Just select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, hey, @alexsafayan! We're just following up with you regarding that Wi-Fi connection being a little spotty. Please let us know if you were able to try the suggested tips in our previous reply and if that worked for you. If not, no worries; just follow the steps above to send us a PM. We'll be patiently waiting to hear from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

All good, just had to mess with my Wifi a little bit. It looks like it was nothing on your end.

Hey @alexsafayan! That's great to hear! We genuinely enjoy helping people whenever we can, but please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!