cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Wars Chess

fudspong
Explorer
Remember the iconic scene in Star Wars where short bald is playing the hairy bastard at holochess? "Let the wookiee win" indeed! But it got me thinking about board games on the Rift, in particular against people who aren't necessarily in the same country as you, let alone the same room.

What games do you think would be best? VR Monopoly springs to mind. VR Scrabble would be crap. VR Mousetrap could have some fun animations. VR Risk has a lot of potential.

On top of that you could change the context of some games away from the "looking down at board" for a more immersive experience. VR Battleships could put you in the bridge of one of your ships, launching missiles and torpedoes at your opponent. C6! Boom!

If Facebook was smart they would develop a board game portal where you can log on and choose a game, invite friends or accept a matching suggestion based on a game ranking system, with leaderboards, achievements and all that malarkey.

You would need some kind of hand tracking though, for rolling dice and moving your pieces, and for flipping off your opponent.
1 REPLY 1

ThreeEyes
Explorer
I was thinking the same thing a while back but was amazed to find Monopoly Streets (XBox 360 and PS3).

It would be perfect for the Rift with some mods and updating...

I think it's being left to die for now as no versions for XBox One or PS4, at least so far. There are possibilities with this one, though, as just like with the board game there could be special editions available as downloadable content - Simpsons, Scary Movie, or whatever that provide different game pieces and scenery/buildings. Monopoly Streets may just have been ahead of its time but could really get a makeover for VR.

VR Clue could be fun too.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock: