New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,395 Valuable Player
edited January 1 in Off-Topic
Amazing 2021 Happy New Year Gif Animation

I didn't see any other threads covering this subject - so Happy New Year to you all!  :) 

Even in spite of Covid-19, 2020 was simply the best year for PCVR ever. In December 2019 0.87% of Steam users had a hmd connected, in December 2020 that number was close to 2%. 

Also - VR got the greatest computer game ever made by humans - namely:

- and according to Gamespot, of course Alyx is game of the year (GOTY) 2020:

Now, 2020 had another surprise, as we got a second truly AAA VR game, namely:

I'm aware many do not like Medal of Honor, but personally I have no doubt that Medal of Honor VR bows to no-one, not even Alyx. And I hope more users will appreciate Medal of Honor this year - and give the game the credit it deserves, surely devs are working hard to please more users. 

Another game arrived in 2020, which currently has 258 ratings in the Oculus Store - and an average rating of 98 (ninety-eight) percent :o  - namely Room VR:

In the Oculus Store, focusing on games with at least 100 ratings, Room VR simply is "game of the year" - and it's truly magnificent, do not forget to try this game if you have not already done so! (97% of Steam users gave this game a positive rating too, confirming the rating trend in the Oculus Store)

But what's up this year? - If we're lucky, we may get at least one more true AAA title from Oculus. My most anticipated games would probably be:

- then again, hopefully we'll get some great surprises this year too - like games we hardly knew existed suddenly arriving, or some under-dogs performing way beyond our wildest expectations! :)
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Comments

• lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 544
    Neo
    Yeah, nice one Rune :)
    Happy New Year everyone!
    Dave
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,352 Volunteer Moderator
    Happy New Year, all! I know this was a pretty rough year for many, so here’s hoping for a better one.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,873 Valuable Player
    Happy New Year! I'm pretty sure this was just the start of a rough decade lol  :o

Hopefully VR will start getting more than just 3 or 4 AAA-ish titles per year. 
     <3 
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,506 Valuable Player
    Hopefully it is better than that absolute craphole of a year that was 2020.  Somehow....I have a gut feeling it won't.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,357 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:
    Hopefully it is better than that absolute craphole of a year that was 2020.  Somehow....I have a gut feeling it won't.
    Nothing like starting the year off with a glass 1/2 empty eh?  I just woke up with a glass 1/2 full, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/Index controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 8,104 Valuable Player
    Happy New Year everyone! 😁

I'm actually feeling good about this year what with the Oxford vaccine getting approved. That's going to be HUGE for third world countries in high temperature climates. 😲

Who knows, I MIGHT even finish one of my VR games!!! 😲😂😂😂
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,395 Valuable Player
    edited January 1
    Zenbane said:
    Happy New Year! I'm pretty sure this was just the start of a rough decade lol  :o

Hopefully VR will start getting more than just 3 or 4 AAA-ish titles per year. 
     <3 

Maybe AAA-ish is indeed a better word ;) 

In 2020 we did get games like Squadrons, Phantom Covert Ops and Saints & Sinners too, which are great and fit the AAA-ish category. Maybe even Room VR.

Having to be realistic, especially with AAA titles taking about 4 years to make, AAA-ish may be more what we can hope for this year. 

- Btw, maybe Population One was AAA expensive too, but somehow does not feel that truly AAA-like due to the severely downscaled graphics... 

There were some fun moments in 2020, like Hinge where the devs thought they could make a great VR game on a very (East-European?)  limited budget in 6 months, lol. One of the Hinge devs said (maybe as part of a joke) that he should go back to being a truck driver. 

Developing VR games may indeed be risky with limited funding and a limited audience. The best devs may have profited in 2020, but I would be surprised if the majority did. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,395 Valuable Player
    edited January 1
    Hmmm, just got this one  :D 

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,406 Valuable Player
    Good riddance 2020. 

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,719 Valuable Player
    Happy New Year All