cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Unknown Sources"

Slinzen
Sightseer
Hello,
I have activated "Unknown Sources", but if I want to start (example) SteamVR, I get a message that I need to activate unknown sources.
Does anyone else have the same error?
7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
No.  Maybe make sure to do this on both your Oculus Desktop app and library as well.  Of course, not all unknown sources will work unless they are properly installed, setup, and are compatible with you pc.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

PITTCANNA
Visionary
https://support.oculus.com/632287656943461/?locale=en_US

you have to open the settings in the oculus app on the pc.

Slinzen
Sightseer
@PITTCANNA yes I know, but it is activated.
n7tdi5icubjl.png

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe try exiting your Oculus desktop app.  Then properly shutdown your PC (do not use sleep/hibernate) and startup everything again.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Slinzen
Sightseer
I've tried everthing @TomCgcmfc ...
  • Reset the headset to factory settings
  • Reinstalled the Oculus software
  • Rebooted the computer and the headset several times
But always the same error message. Slowly, I'm really running out of fun.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
@Slinzen  Sounds like you need to contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Good luck mate.

Slinzen
Sightseer
I' ve opened a ticket. As soon as there is any new information I will edit this post and write the solution for this.