New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest 2 Left Controller Dead??

I was playing  a game just now when the battery in my controller died. I turned the headset off and replaced the batteries, and now the left controller will not turn on at all. The batteries are brand new and 100% charged. The battery that is currently in my left controller also successfully powered on the right controller when I tried it in there.

I can open the app on my phone an unpair the controllers. I have not been able to pair the left controller because, again, it will not turn on at all. Holding down the menu button + the y button doesn't seem to do anything to help.

I really don't know what to do. My controller just randomly got bricked? What can I do?

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 1,318 Oculus Staff
    Hey, we can help out with this! Please click here to submit a ticket. Thanks much!
  • Levente87Levente87 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited January 6
    I am facing the same issue. Additionally the support form goes to 404... brilliant :)

Just to reiterate tho. Everything work out of the box for a days, then positional tracking lost in the middle of playing beat saber. After reboot the controller wouldn't connect. Tried to do the usual. Unpair pair routine and the get the battery out for a while then retry without any luck.
    After sitting on the table for a day it worked again for a little while, then developed the symptom again.
  • DangartistDangartist Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hey, we can help out with this! Please click here to submit a ticket. Thanks much!
    Thank you, I opened a support ticket (#2093080) so hopefully I can get a fix soon. It's the next morning now, and I left the batteries out of the controller all night, and it's still completely unresponsive. I posted here too to see if there was anything else I should maybe try, but it doesn't appear so. Seems my controller just decided to turn off and stay off. Thanks for responding to this forum post.
  • DangartistDangartist Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Levente87 said:
    I am facing the same issue. Additionally the support form goes to 404... brilliant :)

Just to reiterate tho. Everything work out of the box for a days, then positional tracking lost in the middle of playing beat saber. After reboot the controller wouldn't connect. Tried to do the usual. Unpair pair routine and the get the battery out for a while then retry without any luck.
    After sitting on the table for a day it worked again for a little while, then developed the symptom again.
    Yeah, mine has been basically fine since day 1. It's had minor tracking issues here or there, but it's hard to know sometimes if it's the Oculus software, the game software, or like.. the lighting in the room. But yeah, I was playing Supernatural, and I got a low battery notification while I was in the middle of my last song. I was going to change the batteries after I finished the song I was playing, but the controller died about 30 seconds after the notification popped up. I replaced the batteries and the left just wouldn't come on again.

Took the batteries out all night, tried it again this morning, still no luck.

NerveGear
    I managed to get a ticket in by searching for oculus support ticket on google.
    And they came back to me today (in the spam forlder of course) suggesting battery replacement or if it doesn't work they are willing to replace it. I guess it didn't take too much convincing so this must be somethign they already know about and willing to swallow the excghanges. So I guess they will replace it for most. Would have been nice if it could be fixed without the hustle of shipping these across the world, but at least if looks like they are owning up their product ... kind of.
    NerveGear
    Levente87 said:
    I managed to get a ticket in by searching for oculus support ticket on google.
    And they came back to me today (in the spam forlder of course) suggesting battery replacement or if it doesn't work they are willing to replace it. I guess it didn't take too much convincing so this must be somethign they already know about and willing to swallow the excghanges. So I guess they will replace it for most. Would have been nice if it could be fixed without the hustle of shipping these across the world, but at least if looks like they are owning up their product ... kind of.
    Turns out I was a bit too happy too early. I am stuck at waiting for the shipping label email. They were supposed to come back to me in 24-72 hours. it's been 6 days since I didn't hear from oculus.