cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S "No DisplayPort Connection"

high-tech
Honored Guest
Okay, here's the story: I got my Oculus Rift S as a Christmas gift in 2019. It was working good for a long time until one day I picked it up again and the displayport connection stopped working. I looked online for help but all the posts were about an update in 2019 so that didn't apply to me because this happened many months later.
I finally decided to go out and buy a new cable of the rift, and It still doesn't recognize the DisplayPort cable, only the USB.

What should I do?
6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey, thanks for taking the time to work on this issue on your end, including buying a new cable. We'd like to help you out from here, can you please click here to submit a ticket? Thanks!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

tailsld
Honored Guest
high tech welcome to a lot of peoples problem...there was an update for me today  yeah... didnt solve the display port problem.  i have a lot tied up in flight sim controllers...almost 6 weeks not being able to use oculus.

iDrika
Explorer
Same here. Can't use my Rift S since Xmas. Please keep us posted if you find a solution. Mine is mostly USB though, it only says it's the Display Port after I disconnect the USB. So bad. 😞 

chrisogrady
Honored Guest
I started playing today. I noticed a new version had installed when I started. I'm in the beta program.

All of a sudden after about an hour of play today I get "displayport connection not working" and "no displayport connection"

There is a white light on the Rift S.

I have tried to disconnect the rift cable on both ends several times. Restarted, shut down and restarted.

Just uninstalled Oculus and resintalled it.

I still have "displayport connection not working" in Red. Why is there a white light on the rift and an error that the cable is not connected?

I am also heavily invested in flight sims. I can't do this for 6 weeks waiting for a magical fix.

Is there any solution to this? I don't even know where I would be able to find another cable to test it...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any solution? The same thing happened to me last month.  😞

legendlcox
Explorer

I have the same issue it'll get 20 min in and drop the displayport connection, light goes amber and oculus software restarts. My experience with Meta VR has been an absolute disappointing train wreck. I regret buying the device.  Every time I try to use the headset, there is one bug or another that makes it unplayable or unstable. It's disgusting. Since 2020 I've been running into these kinds of issues.