New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Unable to add my Quest 2 headset to my Oculus app on PC

yodliyodli Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hello,

I have a Lenovo X1 laptop with Windows 10. I know its not a gaming PC but I want to connect my Quest 2 for non gaming activities like Bigscreen etc. I'm using a Anker Quest Link cable. FYI, I have been successful with installing sidequest. So data transfer works.

Now, I try to add my headset from the Oculus app but its stuck at the connecting step. Refer screenshot below.

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,355 Volunteer Moderator
    Link compatibility is not just about game performance. If your GPU is not on the compatibility list, it probably doesn’t support the encoding feature that Link depends on.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • skeeters57skeeters57 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    so if my GTX950 is not good enough does this mean that I will not be able to use anything from the sidequest site?
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,355 Volunteer Moderator
    SideQuest is not the same thing as Link. It just allows you to load native Quest apps that don’t come from the Oculus store, and doesn’t require anything of your PC’s GPU. You should be able to install SideQuest content from any PC, or even a Mac.

Go through the step-by-step instructions on the SideQuest website to get up and running.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • PITTCANNAPITTCANNA Posts: 1,068
    3Jane
    yodli said:
    Hello,

I have a Lenovo X1 laptop with Windows 10. I know its not a gaming PC but I want to connect my Quest 2 for non gaming activities like Bigscreen etc. I'm using a Anker Quest Link cable. FYI, I have been successful with installing sidequest. So data transfer works.

Now, I try to add my headset from the Oculus app but its stuck at the connecting step. Refer screenshot below.

Your laptop simply can't handle link.  Thus you can not use any of the pc oculus based software.