New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anyone that provides repair services for Rift hardware?

captaintripscaptaintrips Posts: 313
Art3mis
edited May 2013 in Support
Wondering if there is anybody (whether it be Oculus directly or 3rd party) who can perform technical/hardware repairs on the rift at reasonable service charges? Such as a defective screen or other possible defective internal components?

I have no clue on where to even begin finding parts for it in attempts to repair it myself :cry:

Comments

• Ahhhh never good news to hear someone is having problems. Another guy had his DoA and oculus didn't want anyone to try a home-brewed fix. For a good reason of course.

Here's the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=268
  • captaintripscaptaintrips Posts: 313
    Art3mis
    due to a extenuating circumstance, I don't think that they can help me :cry:
    Though I haven't tried any messing around with it until I hear otherwise.

But could you update that link? it's not working correctly... would have interest in that article

Was this it?
    viewtopic.php?f=34&t=268&p=2848&hilit=dOa#p2848
  • Yeah that was the one.
  • DycusDycus Posts: 76
    What's wrong with your Rift?
  • captaintripscaptaintrips Posts: 313
    Art3mis
    Dycus - Andre contacted me and got it all taken care of. Thanks! Was having some sort of weird purple pixel issue in the right eye.
  • DycusDycus Posts: 76
    Oh, whoops. I'm bumping old threads and I didn't even realize it. :P All right, glad it's all resolved!
  • geekmastergeekmaster Posts: 2,866
    Nexus 6
    Dycus wrote:
    Oh, whoops. I'm bumping old threads and I didn't even realize it. :P All right, glad it's all resolved!
    Necromancing a thread that has been inactive for twelve whole days, eh?
    :D
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    12 days is a lot of time in this fast-paced world of virtual reality!!!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • geekmastergeekmaster Posts: 2,866
    Nexus 6
    12 days is a lot of time in this fast-paced world of virtual reality!!!
    Yeah, tell that to the impatient hoard who have been waiting for their Rift DK for a wee bit longer than 12 days! :lol: