New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Swapped from Intel to AMD and now my Rift S will not even install. Help needed - details below

magus99999magus99999 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi All, I recently upgraded from an Intel i9 9900KS to an AMD 5950X CPU. I run a NVidia 3090 GPU on a highly spec'd system. On the intel it worked fine (with the 3090). I did a complete new Windows installation and added all my external devices one by one. The Oculus was the last to be added. The APP installed OK but when I started to use it to setup the headset my main computer screen started to go to black and then come back to show the screen after between 10 and 20 seconds. Only when I stopped the setup did it stop messing with my screen. I ran the install and the APP as admin to see if there were permission issues - no change. I have repeated this many times including total uninstall with clearing out APPDATA and LOCALAPP.
I just unplugged the headset and USB cable and it immediately stopped messing with my screen.

The APP allowed me to skip the setup and go to the APP itself.

I tried it all again and found that when the monitor screen goes black the headset briefly comes to life and then disappears after a few seconds.

I am lost and need some help please.

Many thanks

Neil
Tagged:

Answers

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,373 Valuable Player
    Maybe try the usual (which you may have already done); roll back your nvidia driver (456.38 seems best right now, use DDU in safe mode to properly uninstall nvidia drivers) and start off with stock nvidia control panel settings (plus get rid of Geoforce experience bloatware).  Try different usb/dp ports.  Also maybe try opting into the Oculus beta (currently v25).  If you are using the latest win10 graphics setting with gpu hardware accel (HAGS) try turning this off.  Sorry, all I can think of.  Might be worth starting a ticket with Oculus support and let them review your logfiles to see if there is any obvious conflicting programs (esp. like some virus checkers).  Good luck mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/Index controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).