New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Buttons missing in my Oculus app on Android

BentMattBentMatt Posts: 6
NerveGear
Hi
I have a very strange problem. The Oculus app on my phone is missing some buttons. I know this, because my german colleague has some extra options in his app, even though his phone is also an Android phone, and we have the exact same version of the app. I have tried to reinstall the app, but it didn't change anything. I have the same problem on my tablet. The buttons/controls in the question are the ones in the area inside the red rectangle in the attached image. That whole area is missing on my phone+tablet. Does anyone else have this problem? 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• PITTCANNAPITTCANNA Posts: 1,104
    3Jane
    it could be just differences in android vs ios, your not missing any functionality. II wouldn't worry about it.
  • BentMattBentMatt Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    But we are both on android...
    NerveGear
    edited January 11
    PITTCANNA said:
    it could be just differences in android vs ios, your not missing any functionality. II wouldn't worry about it.
    That's also not entirely true. He can see in his app when I have beaten my beat saber high-scores. I cannot see when he has been playing, since I am missing the buttons in question :-/
    3Jane
    if your talking about the blue indicators, it just means an update to the scoreboard feeds, since last time played.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,373 Valuable Player
    Maybe different Android OS versions?

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/Index controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Maybe different Android OS versions?
    He has two phones, one with android 10 and one with android 9. Both have the buttons. I have an android 9 phone, and it doesn't have the buttons. My tablet runs android 7, and it also doesn't have the buttons.
    NerveGear
    PITTCANNA said:
    if your talking about the blue indicators, it just means an update to the scoreboard feeds, since last time played.
    Yes, but there is nowhere where I can see the new high-scores on my phone. But he can in his app by clicking on the beat saber icon in that "bar"
    3Jane
    BentMatt said:
    PITTCANNA said:
    Yes, but there is nowhere where I can see the new high-scores on my phone. But he can in his app by clicking on the beat saber icon in that "bar"
    Have you merged with facebook yet?
    NerveGear
    PITTCANNA said:
    BentMatt said:
    PITTCANNA said:
    Have you merged with facebook yet?
    Yes I have.