New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can I add another family user to Oculus Quest 2?

OmegaOwenOmegaOwen Posts: 1
NerveGear
I have set up one user (my son) and want to set up another user (my other son). How do I do this?

Answers

• NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 224
    Nexus 6
    At the moment all you can do is set up another Facebook/Oculus account for your other son. The current state of the Quest requires you to completely wipe the headset and set it up again with a new account each time you want to switch accounts. You will potentially lose game progress of the previous account (except for games that have a cloud save.) You will also need to buy any apps again for your second son.

Now before you freak out, we know that a Family Sharing system is coming, but we don't know much else about it yet. So at this point, you are best to just wait and have them share the same headset and account. Certain games have multiple save slots (e.g. Super Hot) so they could each have their own saves that are independent, but for a lot of the games, they will both be making progress on just one single save.
    i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 1,307 Oculus Staff
    Hi there! Currently, the Quest 2 is only able to accommodate one account at a time. If you wanted to switch accounts, you would need to factory reset the headset and complete setup with the second account. If this is a change you'd like to see implemented in our software, please click here to submit your feedback. Thank you!