New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest 2 + Link: Can't rapidfire/ quickly press trigger. Eats input

LunedrakeLunedrake Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited January 12 in Oculus Quest 2 and Quest
Hello!
I've been playing Pavlov with some buds lately and have some issues regarding pressing the trigger buttons rapidly. It doesn't always register and "eats" the input which is crucial in fast paced games like Pavlov.  In other words, it misses an input even when clearly pressing the trigger. Any idea why this is happening?

As stated above I'm using the Quest 2 and a Link cable connected to an USB 3.2 gen 2 type-C port on my motherboard. 
My Graphics settings in oculus are:
  • Refresh rate: 90hz
  • Render resolution at 1.3x
  • Cable test shows 2.3 Gbps USB 3
I've measured the FPS in game and it varies from 70 to 90 fps.
My pc specs (shortly put):
  • Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4ghz
  • 32gb Ram
  • RTX 2060s (super)
*With virtual desktop it works flawlessly but I do appreciate the low latency with the Link cable.

Comments

• daphix_VRdaphix_VR Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    This is what I've noticed as well when playing Pavlov on SteamVR mode, I'm not sure if there's a fix for this though.
  • aguy10aguy10 Posts: 180
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited January 12
    Can increase tracking Hz with the controllers. I'm not sure if that would help. Definitely worth a try. I've heard of this issue before and I could have sworn I heard the person got it resolved. That was probably month ago and I look through a lot of stuff so God knows where I read that comment. :neutral:

• daphix_VRdaphix_VR Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited January 13
    Found it: reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jgd92o/oculus_link_steamvr_trigger_responselag_fix/

Although I edited mine to have Activate to 60 and Deactivate to 55, it felt a lot better for me.
  • PITTCANNAPITTCANNA Posts: 1,068
    3Jane
    edited January 13
    aguy10 said:
    Can increase tracking Hz with the controllers. I'm not sure if that would help. Definitely worth a try. I've heard of this issue before and I could have sworn I heard the person got it resolved. That was probably month ago and I look through a lot of stuff so God knows where I read that comment. :neutral:

So that is based off of power in the household, that doesn't improve tracking frequency like you think it does.

usa household is 60 hz 110to 120 volts
    european household is 50 hz 208 to 220 volts

all it is error correction based upon distortion leakage from power outlets.
  • PITTCANNAPITTCANNA Posts: 1,068
    3Jane
    Lunedrake said:
    Hello!
    I've been playing Pavlov with some buds lately and have some issues regarding pressing the trigger buttons rapidly. It doesn't always register and "eats" the input which is crucial in fast paced games like Pavlov.  In other words, it misses an input even when clearly pressing the trigger. Any idea why this is happening?

As stated above I'm using the Quest 2 and a Link cable connected to an USB 3.2 gen 2 type-C port on my motherboard. 
    My Graphics settings in oculus are:
    • Refresh rate: 90hz
    • Render resolution at 1.3x
    • Cable test shows 2.3 Gbps USB 3
    I've measured the FPS in game and it varies from 70 to 90 fps.
    My pc specs (shortly put):
    • Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4ghz
    • 32gb Ram
    • RTX 2060s (super)
    *With virtual desktop it works flawlessly but I do appreciate the low latency with the Link cable.
    Lower the render resolution (it will clean up fps) also wireless controllers that are bluetooth banded do a horrible job with rapid presses.  That said your adding more points of lag into the system when you play on link.  The link has to connect thru the oculus app and steam vr, and finally the game.  Virtual desktop sorta bypasses the occulus app.

that said there is a sidequest of pavlov and running it natively would be 100 times better for input lag.

The controllers will never be as good as a mouse.
  • LunedrakeLunedrake Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    daphix_VR said:
    Found it: reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jgd92o/oculus_link_steamvr_trigger_responselag_fix/

Although I edited mine to have Activate to 60 and Deactivate to 55, it felt a lot better for me.
    This fixed it right up! I also lowered the res to 1.1x just to make sure that I get enough fps during gameplay.

Thanks for taking the time helping me out everyone!