New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Fallout 4 VR Height adjustment, I look like a toddler

I tried using world size adjustment and by sliding it to minimum size height looks ok but everything seems small. My Q2 floor setting works with other games. What do I need to do to make the Q2 work right? Thx

Comments

• Howie_DoodatHowie_Doodat Posts: 84
    Hiro Protagonist
    I’m not near my PC so I can’t look it up, but there’s a pretty key program called SkyrimVR/FalloutVR INI or something like that. You can change your height in there, also the height at which you enter sneak/exit sneak. Also, sometimes in fallout VR my height gets messed up and I just need to leave the game and come back to fix it. You definitely don’t want the world size at minimum. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited January 14
    I am thinking it’s called “SkyrimVR/FalloutVR configuration tool”

also, you aren’t ducking/crouching are you? If you haven’t changed the settings then I believe it starts on “comfort sneak” much means tapping down on the right stick goes in and out of sneak (I believe). I personally turned that off and actually duck when I’m sneaking, but obviously that’s harder on your legs. 
  • lamer2011lamer2011 Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    I am thinking it’s called “SkyrimVR/FalloutVR configuration tool”

also, you aren’t ducking/crouching are you? If you haven’t changed the settings then I believe it starts on “comfort sneak” much means tapping down on the right stick goes in and out of sneak (I believe). I personally turned that off and actually duck when I’m sneaking, but obviously that’s harder on your legs. 
    Oh, I play fallout4 vr seated. Maybe that's the problem, that's how I used to play it back when it 1st came out and I used the Rift CV1.
    Hiro Protagonist
    That configuration tool should still let you fix your height for seated play. 
  • lamer2011lamer2011 Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    That configuration tool should still let you fix your height for seated play. 
    So, I got the tool but it's basically an INI file editor but it doesn't say which setting to modify.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I don’t want to change my settings and have to fix them, so you’ll have to check out numbers yourself, but I see that there’s a setting for seated height. There a search bar across the top and everything is named pretty accordingly, so I’d just dive in and not change too many setting at a time. 

note that the default value is always shown on the right, and also that you can click “is modified” on top once you’ve changed settings, that way you can only look at your relevant values. You also may find that editing the power armor overlay yields good results, because before I did I was struggling to look down at items near my feet.