cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly cannot access any apps or screens with Oculus Quest

emlynsorcha
Explorer
As of now, I can no longer see the home screen, the app screen, the store, or any of my app icons. I have an Oculus Quest 64 GB. I purchased it new in April or May of this year and have had no serious issues with it until today.

First appearance of the issue:
This morning I put on my Quest and tried to play Beat Saber and repeatedly got a "We've encountered a problem, please try again later error". So I went back to the app screen and opened FitXR and played for 10 min.

Steps to troubleshoot:
I went back to app page and tried to open Beat Saber multiple times. Then I restarted my headset, hoping it would fix whatever issue prevented me from opening some apps. After the restart, I cannot get to any of the major screens. When I try to go to Home, the error message is "Oops! Nothing to show here". None of my many apps show up on the apps screen. I checked my network connection and it was showing as strong and working on other devices, so I tried forgetting the network and signing in again. Then I tried signing in to a different network. Neither had any effect. I tried restarting the headset again and again tried both networks, and again neither action had any effect.

A few days ago I had an internet outage at my home (not sure if that is connected to this, but this is the first time I'm trying to use the Quest since the day long outage).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Try connecting to the headset with the phone app, after making sure that you are logged into the correct account in the app. It sounds like your headset is not connecting to your account.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Try connecting to the headset with the phone app, after making sure that you are logged into the correct account in the app. It sounds like your headset is not connecting to your account.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

emlynsorcha
Explorer
Thank you @nalex66. Your solution worked.

XxShiny_OceanxX
Honored Guest

I am having the same exact problem!

Anonymous
Not applicable

People always tell me this but it doesn’t work because it’s happening to my second account 

I have the same problem, but this didn’t work for me. Can you elaborate on the steps you took?

Justinlott
Honored Guest

Having same issue. Quest 2 stopped working correctly yesterday. Opens up and there are no apps. Except explore.

I can see I have Internet. I can get to open browser eventually and I can surf the net. No problems with that.

Cannot get on account tho. 

Cannot create a new one either. 

Phone app says I'm connected fine.

I have signed out and back in. Not joy. 

I have deleted app and re installed and paired my quest.  Still no joy.

Have applied new update to quest. Still no joy.

Tried all these suggestions on here, and still no joy.

How to fix this then? 

Hi Justinlott! We see that you are having an array of issues! We would love to help, could you send us a private message regarding the issue? To contact us via PM, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.​

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!