cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Acct Requirement

ColbeyC
Honored Guest
So I'm considering a Quest 2 but I've read a few horror stories about people getting locked out because of inactive facebook accounts.

I have a facebook acct from many years ago but I don't use it and don't plan to. Does this mean I will be at risk of being locked out of my Quest 2 because my facebook acct doesn't have any activity?

Is anyone reading this in a similar situation and can verify first hand that an unused facebook account isn't a problem?

TIA for any info.
4 REPLIES 4

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
There are always horror stories about people who got banned, but I don't think people who aren't posting crazy stuff on Facebook run much risk of being banned. I have two Facebook accounts as I have 2 headsets. One is just for the headset, so I only have a few friends on it and I haven't had any trouble. One suggestion I've heard is to do some minimal activity, just so it doesn't look like a dummy account. But if you've had that account for a long and it is still there, I doubt adding a Quest to it is going to set off any alarms.

I also know a number of people that have more than one Facebook account. So, for every post where someone says they created a new account and got immediately banned there are probably hundreds who technically are in violation and never have anything happen to them.

The only stories that I have heard where people consistently really have trouble is where they have shut down a Facebook account and tried to reactivate it.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

ColbeyC
Honored Guest
I just checked. It's still there. Has a big list of contacts on the right hand side, some I don't even recognize.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. I think this might just be a bad idea though. The headset isn't something I'd use very often anyway and facebook never so it's starting to just sound like one more thing to worry about. So what's the point I guess?

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
If you can find someone with a headset and try it out, you might feel differently. VR today is a fantastic experience and whenever I take a few days off and get back in VR it still seems amazing to me.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

ColbeyC
Honored Guest
Thanks again for responding. I've had a Rift S for a long time now. I use it some, but not every day. I want the Q2 for the increased clarity and hoping the 'chunkier' controllers make a positive difference. The touch controllers have always felt to me like they were made for little kids with tiny little hands. 😞

I've taken the plunge and ordered a Q2, link cable, elite strap and controller grips. I'll get a battery pack for balancing later if I find it necessary.

Now I'm just hoping to get it by monday (the 31st) so I can get a free copy of Asgard's Wrath! 🙂  Gonna suck if it's a day late.

Edit: I just noticed Monday is the 1st, not the 31st. So that really sucks.