cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facial Interface - Sweating

Budz4u
Explorer
I know this is probably a strange question, but figured I would drop it in the forum and see what happens.  I use my Quest 2 quite a bit for exercise and have found an issue with the facial interface (foam frame that goes against your face).  I sweat a great deal and it really soaks the foam which then becomes a little irritating and short of trying to dry it off and cleaning it with wipes, I am finding it kind of problematic  Ideally if it were silicone based, it would not be a problem.  Does anyone know if there is alternatives for this?  Not finding anything in the support or product area to solve.  There is something called a fit pack but its the same thing as what is on it now, except a narrower design.  
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

lensmandave
Superstar
These are great from VRcover 🙂
https://int.vrcover.com/products/silicone-cover-dark-grey-for-oculus%E2%84%A2-quest-2
easy to swap and clean.
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

View solution in original post

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
There are variants from Amazon. Read the reviews because I heard some vendors are saying their stuff is for the Quest 2 when it might not be.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lensmandave
Superstar
These are great from VRcover 🙂
https://int.vrcover.com/products/silicone-cover-dark-grey-for-oculus%E2%84%A2-quest-2
easy to swap and clean.
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
There are variants from Amazon. Read the reviews because I heard some vendors are saying their stuff is for the Quest 2 when it might not be.

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
I just bought a second facial interface for mine because I was having the same issues you are.  As soon as I got it I took out the original and washed it under warm water with dove hand soap and let it dry a couple of days.  Seems fine but I don't know how that will affect adhesives or anything else on it in the long term, I guess we'll see.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

Budz4u
Explorer
Thank you for the suggestions. I checked out Amazon and found some silicone overlays for the interface and yes, I read the reviews carefully.  So will see how that goes.  Thanks again.