New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

No Signal on VIREIO/Rift Demos, HL2/TF2 works fine

AstalenasAstalenas Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited May 2013 in Support
I recently received my Rift and I have been attempting to run various demos. TF2 and HL2 both work perfectly, and neither required any kind of configuration. However, when I run the official demos or VIREIO, the Rift screen goes black and briefly shows a blue screen reading "No Signal" in the right eye. I have read through the various threads here and nothing has worked for me so far.

I am hoping that there is some simple configuration step I missed, in which case I apologize for being a dunce. Please help!

Comments

• captaintripscaptaintrips Posts: 313
    Art3mis
    Sounds like the driver is trying to run higher than 1280x800 or 1920x1080p (the rift does recognize 1080p and downscales it to 1280x800p... Though it clears up the image a bit.. You will have more tracking lag and possible graphics issues if you have the rift downscale directly)

You sure both in game and your desktop resolutions are set to 1280x800 and mirrored/duplicated in the rift?
    Art3mis
    Also... Are you certain the virieo drivers are enabled correctley? When you start a game... See the screen to each eye on you monitor? Can you see the driver function key overlays if you press them? Might need to add the two driver files to the correct location in the games base folder if the virireo app doesn't recognize the game when you leave it running in the background. This was my issue with mirrors edge initially.
  • AstalenasAstalenas Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    You sure both in game and your desktop resolutions are set to 1280x800 and mirrored/duplicated in the rift?

Yes for VIREIO (only trying Skyrim so far), I don't think there is an option to set resolution in the demos (Tuscany, TinyRoom).
    Also... Are you certain the virieo drivers are enabled correctley? When you start a game... See the screen to each eye on you monitor? Can you see the driver function key overlays if you press them? Might need to add the two driver files to the correct location in the games base folder if the virireo app doesn't recognize the game when you leave it running in the background. This was my issue with mirrors edge initially.

The screen is split in two, warping is applied and tracking works. I'm not sure which keys display an overlay, but the function keys I tried did as they were meant to. Running Skyrim or Tuscany/TinyRoom works fine if I don't use fullscreen. Whenever I go to fullscreen, the rift becomes unusable as previously mentioned (although tracking still works perfectly).
    Art3mis
    Do you have another machine to test vireio on by any chance? If its duplicating the same issue on more than one machine, it's very likely the rift. Very odd, but very possible. Just a suggestion.

Also, have you tried both the HDMI and DVI ports for video out? Not simultaneously of course, but try it on HDMI out, and if doesn't work, then try it using the dvi connection?

It just still somehow sounds like (a) either your graphics card (and/or drivers) are conflicting or having some sort of issue with Virieo or the rift itself or (b) some kind of resolution anomaly.

Might want to also send an email to Oculus support, they might have a fix for ya or extra suggestions: [email protected]
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    HL2 and TF2 are able to target the Rift directly in a multi-monitor setup. With other apps/demos you will need to be running the Rift either as the primary display, or with both displays duplicated. Also, make sure the app is set for 1280x800 or it may not work correctly. 1920x1200 may also work, though you lose some performance.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV