New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Any news on shipping for international backers?

1232426282958

Comments

  • celt2000celt2000 Posts: 7
    Nah, I figured as much. I just assumed that this is the best place for wildly optimistic speculation that I could join in on, in the hope that it'll will the Rifts to the UK quicker :(. Either that, or I know this brilliant occultist, and if we were all willing to offer him something, say, a large portion of our collective blood and a couple of organs (and my soul, apparently, but it's cool, most of it already belongs to the Kazakh government. don't ask...), he says it would totally be possible to all get our Rifts tomorrow! Either that, or he read the blood runes wrong, and we're all going to get the shits. Meh. Swings and roundabouts.
  • ReTReT Posts: 191
    As is the case with the vast majority of members who frequent this particular thread, I guess you always hope that SOMEONE will have an answer to the 'when will I get my Rift?' question... Having said that, this is the first time I personally have bothered to 'chime in', and its not to rant about not receiving it yet. Based on my order number I have kind of accepted the fact that I will most likely only receive it mid June, but then I think 'well, why June? Where am I getting my information from?'...and at the end of the day we are all making assumptions based on other members of the public's guesstimates or 'order tracking' pages which (much appreciated) they have taken the time to put together in the hope to gives us...well...hope :D What I find a little disappointing is that this is by far the most visited thread, the most viewed thread and often has the most 'users viewing this thread' at any given time; this, as I've personally seen myself, is regularly frequented by members of the Oculus team, and yet despite all the replies (by the team) to numerous other threads under various categories, there has been little to no attempt to just reply with something to keep us all happy, shut us all up and/or inform us of the shipping progress - be it good or bad. For the most part people after just after information, it's the LACK thereof that has certain members getting worked up. I think we all secretly wish that we come back to this forum one day (in some cases it's hourly visits) in the hope that someone from the Oculus team will finally put us out of our misery with a more realistic time frame or decent reply. I don't need to be told my Rift will be here next week, as great as that would be, but I'd rather have an OFFICIAL word that its going to be another 2 months...at least then we could all stop stressing, getting excited, worked up or disappointed over it.
  • JOHIsaacJOHIsaac Posts: 95
    ReT wrote:
    As is the case with the vast majority of members who frequent this particular thread, I guess you always hope that SOMEONE will have an answer to the 'when will I get my Rift?' question... Having said that, this is the first time I personally have bothered to 'chime in', and its not to rant about not receiving it yet. Based on my order number I have kind of accepted the fact that I will most likely only receive it mid June, but then I think 'well, why June? Where am I getting my information from?'...and at the end of the day we are all making assumptions based on other members of the public's guesstimates or 'order tracking' pages which (much appreciated) they have taken the time to put together in the hope to gives us...well...hope :D What I find a little disappointing is that this is by far the most visited thread, the most viewed thread and often has the most 'users viewing this thread' at any given time; this, as I've personally seen myself, is regularly frequented by members of the Oculus team, and yet despite all the replies (by the team) to numerous other threads under various categories, there has been little to no attempt to just reply with something to keep us all happy, shut us all up and/or inform us of the shipping progress - be it good or bad. For the most part people after just after information, it's the LACK thereof that has certain members getting worked up. I think we all secretly wish that we come back to this forum one day (in some cases it's hourly visits) in the hope that someone from the Oculus team will finally put us out of our misery with a more realistic time frame or decent reply. I don't need to be told my Rift will be here next week, as great as that would be, but I'd rather have an OFFICIAL word that its going to be another 2 months...at least then we could all stop stressing, getting excited, worked up or disappointed over it.

    Wall of Text :-)

    Personally I don't feel stressed at all, I watch this thread every day because somebody is posting "I am number xxxx and got it today". So I can assume when my one will arrive. As posted before I think they should just open up the information from https://www.oculus.com/sales/ to the public. Everbody could see the status changes of all orders. We know from this thread that the order status is not accurate and we all know that somebody who ordered later then you can get it before you becaue of shippment bundeling to different countries. But it gives you a feeling and an idea when yours might arrive.
  • kurrykurry Posts: 100
    Hiro Protagonist
    ReT wrote:
    As is the case with the vast majority of members who frequent this particular thread, I guess you always hope that SOMEONE will have an answer to the 'when will I get my Rift?' question... Having said that, this is the first time I personally have bothered to 'chime in', and its not to rant about not receiving it yet. Based on my order number I have kind of accepted the fact that I will most likely only receive it mid June, but then I think 'well, why June? Where am I getting my information from?'...and at the end of the day we are all making assumptions based on other members of the public's guesstimates or 'order tracking' pages which (much appreciated) they have taken the time to put together in the hope to gives us...well...hope :D What I find a little disappointing is that this is by far the most visited thread, the most viewed thread and often has the most 'users viewing this thread' at any given time; this, as I've personally seen myself, is regularly frequented by members of the Oculus team, and yet despite all the replies (by the team) to numerous other threads under various categories, there has been little to no attempt to just reply with something to keep us all happy, shut us all up and/or inform us of the shipping progress - be it good or bad. For the most part people after just after information, it's the LACK thereof that has certain members getting worked up. I think we all secretly wish that we come back to this forum one day (in some cases it's hourly visits) in the hope that someone from the Oculus team will finally put us out of our misery with a more realistic time frame or decent reply. I don't need to be told my Rift will be here next week, as great as that would be, but I'd rather have an OFFICIAL word that its going to be another 2 months...at least then we could all stop stressing, getting excited, worked up or disappointed over it.

    Long read, but I agree with what you wrote :D
  • SMOK3YSMOK3Y Posts: 259
    I noticed on Pre Order (http://www.oculus.com/) page that there's no delivery timeframe now it always said June for me. I think its probably a good idea.
  • cerulianbaloocerulianbaloo Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    SMOK3Y wrote:
    I noticed on Pre Order (http://www.oculus.com/) page that there's no delivery timeframe now it always said June for me. I think its probably a good idea.

    If you select "pre-order" the following page says "New orders are expected to ship August 2013." I agree with you though, it would probably be better to not provide an estimate based on what's happened so far. I say take a Valve or id approach to the situation, a "when it's done", or in this case, "when it's shipped".
  • RambowjoRambowjo Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    ibfu7Md0YExq2T.png

    :D

    edit: huh, image died.
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    SMOK3Y wrote:
    I noticed on Pre Order (http://www.oculus.com/) page that there's no delivery timeframe now it always said June for me. I think its probably a good idea.

    If you select "pre-order" the following page says "New orders are expected to ship August 2013." I agree with you though, it would probably be better to not provide an estimate based on what's happened so far. I say take a Valve or id approach to the situation, a "when it's done", or in this case, "when it's shipped".

    They need to five an ETA, otherwise many people won't order. They just need to make that ETA dynamically generated and not something they have to change by hand.
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • ShockboltShockbolt Posts: 236
    NerveGear
    They should link us to the website of the factory making the Rifts, so we could bug them directly instead..
  • SMOK3YSMOK3Y Posts: 259
    SMOK3Y wrote:
    I noticed on Pre Order (http://www.oculus.com/) page that there's no delivery timeframe now it always said June for me. I think its probably a good idea.

    If you select "pre-order" the following page says "New orders are expected to ship August 2013." I agree with you though, it would probably be better to not provide an estimate based on what's happened so far. I say take a Valve or id approach to the situation, a "when it's done", or in this case, "when it's shipped".
    ya I seen that :D it stuck out before though in orange box like the pre-order button under it or next to it lol. and I agree with you "when it's done", or in this case, "when it's shipped" :mrgreen:
  • nellusnellus Posts: 113
    Rambowjo wrote:
    ibfu7Md0YExq2T.png

    :D

    edit: huh, image died.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • Gerald wrote:

    They need to five an ETA, otherwise many people won't order. They just need to make that ETA dynamically generated and not something they have to change by hand.

    Dynamically generated by what?
  • Shockbolt wrote:
    They should link us to the website of the factory making the Rifts, so we could bug them directly instead..

    Not sure if serious...
  • nikkmitchellnikkmitchell Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I live in China. Is there any way that I could get mine shipped to me from the factory? Instead of shipped to america and then back.

    Thanks.
  • storelyckan3storelyckan3 Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    Whats this?

    http://redd.it/19us10
    Windows 10 Proo 64bit | AMD Ryzen 1800X | Palit GameRock Nvidia GTX 1080 | Phone: One Plus 5
  • danielblndanielbln Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    This is a two months outdated order tracker attempt that eventually lead to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnqCTeq44YeYdHRoZDNCMnVuNm1qdTRudjlWYkRoTlE#gid=0
  • JOHIsaacJOHIsaac Posts: 95
    danielbln wrote:
    This is a two months outdated order tracker attempt that eventually lead to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnqCTeq44YeYdHRoZDNCMnVuNm1qdTRudjlWYkRoTlE#gid=0

    It's realy sad that we have to create our own order trackers when all the information is in the hands of Oculus VR. Please make it public.
  • jh4t3djh4t3d Posts: 33
    Wasn't the factory production the bottleneck?
    Then why they are sending preorders before they finish with the kickstarter ones?

    You should first fulfil all your kickstarter orders, and not skip to the 20xxx to save a few dollars.

    Sigh* Just one more time: Good work.
  • ShockboltShockbolt Posts: 236
    NerveGear
    edited May 2013
    jh4t3d wrote:
    Wasn't the factory production the bottleneck?
    Then why they are sending preorders before they finish with the kickstarter ones?

    You should first fulfil all your kickstarter orders, and not skip to the 20xxx to save a few dollars.

    Sigh* Just one more time: Good work.

    I've not seen any pre-orders receiving their Rifts yet...if any of the order-trackers state so, it might as well be simple errors or people misbehaving.
  • michaelgoodmichaelgood Posts: 96
    On the MTBS3D forums, GeraldT is reporting that he is order 200xx and has received a shipping notice. He is in Austria.
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    yeah that would be me. I can only guess that they needed to fill the palet going to Austria and I got lucky. But my normalized order ID is more like 8600, so it's not that big an anomaly, some cases like that just happen I expect.

    Well, I am obviously happy with it coming early. Now I will be able to rift all my games for the LEAP launch, 3 more Rift titles in July :)
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • ShockboltShockbolt Posts: 236
    NerveGear
    Gerald wrote:
    yeah that would be me. I can only guess that they needed to fill the palet going to Austria and I got lucky. But my normalized order ID is more like 8600, so it's not that big an anomaly, some cases like that just happen I expect.

    Well, I am obviously happy with it coming early. Now I will be able to rift all my games for the LEAP launch, 3 more Rift titles in July :)

    Do keep us not so lucky individuals in mind, when you play the heck out of those Rift games and demos, I doubt we'll see you in here again for a while :)
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    Don't say that - I am curious towards how this develops, and I plan to blog about it, so I guess this will be interesting to look into.

    But I still can't really grasp it that I will get to try it by the end of the week :)
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • SawersadamSawersadam Posts: 49
    danielbln wrote:
    This is a two months outdated order tracker attempt that eventually lead to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnqCTeq44YeYdHRoZDNCMnVuNm1qdTRudjlWYkRoTlE#gid=0

    Is this relatively up to date now? I had a quick look at the data and then followed a link to reddit thread where the author of the tracker was trying to recruit editors but the last entry is a month old. Looks like the form data is still being collected OK. In the meantime I'll experiment with getting it updated via other means.
  • RambowjoRambowjo Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Gerald wrote:
    Don't say that - I am curious towards how this develops, and I plan to blog about it, so I guess this will be interesting to look into.

    But I still can't really grasp it that I will get to try it by the end of the week :)


    Any word on other Austrians getting the rift at the same time as you?
  • MrklawMrklaw Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Gerald wrote:
    yeah that would be me. I can only guess that they needed to fill the palet going to Austria and I got lucky. But my normalized order ID is more like 8600, so it's not that big an anomaly, some cases like that just happen I expect.

    Well, I am obviously happy with it coming early. Now I will be able to rift all my games for the LEAP launch, 3 more Rift titles in July :)


    Do we think they are doing the pallet thing for all markets? Now they have European fulfilment I would have thought they'd just ship to the Uk in bulk for all of Europe, and then ship out from there?
  • ReTReT Posts: 191
    I can't imagine there are more than about 5 (or 10 at MOST) South Africans who are waiting for their Rifts...surely you guys could just get us pleb 3rd World people out the way so long? 8-)

    Should you require a bit more of a push to get my Rift out sooner, here are some words of encouragement; I am the grandson of late King Rabalingwe Rabube, and I have recently been blessed by God to have the great fortune of being named the sole beneficiary of his entire Estate. As such I have recently inherited $43 000 000 and am currently looking to invest my monies internationally as our current economy is extremely unstable. I am seeking international investors and would happily part with $10 000 000 for your time and effort (Mr Palmer Lucky) to invest (on my behalf) this fortune...on my behalf. All I require is that you send me your banking details, a copy of your ID, your latest bank statement, customer selected pin and your physical address, in order for me to transfer said monies swiftly into your account. Please email me at [email protected]. Thank you and God bless. PS: The above mentioned amount is in Zim Dollar, just to avoid any confusion :D
  • LathspeLLLathspeLL Posts: 87
    Brain Burst
    That made my morning, thank you :D
  • MagicK0MagicK0 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Rambowjo wrote:

    Any word on other Austrians getting the rift at the same time as you?

    Order ID 8704 from Austria still at Ready on my Order Status :(
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    @Rambowjo - I have no idea, I know that one in the demo map has marked his as received a while ago, the other one was still waiting the last time I checked.
    Mrklaw wrote:
    Do we think they are doing the pallet thing for all markets? Now they have European fulfilment I would have thought they'd just ship to the Uk in bulk for all of Europe, and then ship out from there?

    I am not that familiar with shipping, I just know that some bulk options can save you money - if this applies on the shipment from the fulfillment center I can't say. But I think it is reasonable to expect it could.

    @ReT ... love it!! :lol:

    @MagicK0 - my order status is still ready too, I know it only because I got the UPS shipping confirmation. currently my Rift is in Germany. If you haven't gotten yours in the next days, then I guess I was just part of a lucky anomaly.
    I can only guess, but likely the fulfillment centers have lists and take care of the shipping order since they are printing the labels.
    I do have experience working with those guys - and you know it happens that they screw up a bit (human error, especially when there is too much work). Since the automatic solutions still are messed up (with mails not getting out etc.) I can see this being a likely reason.
    It also would explain that it happens just very seldom and not for a hundred deliveries at once. Because they might notice, but they won't relabel. If that's the case, then I really got extremely lucky.
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
Sign In or Register to comment.