cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on shipping for international backers?

Jeppe
Honored Guest
I'm very glad that Oculus have started shipping out the Rift dev kits to backers in the US. Looking at unboxing videos and reading impressions about the Rift makes me incredibly proud to have backed this, you have truly made an awesome product and I am really impressed about the general quality of both the dev kit and the SDK.

However as far as I know Oculus haven't started to send out the Rift to early international backers yet. It would be really great if you guys at Oculus could tell us the reason for this as well as an estimate when you will start sending dev kits abroad. After what I've understood you've had a pretty strict "first come-first served" policy regarding the shipping so I'm hoping us international backers won't have to wait too long 🙂
1,729 REPLIES 1,729

michaelgood
Honored Guest
On the MTBS3D forums, GeraldT is reporting that he is order 200xx and has received a shipping notice. He is in Austria.

Gerald
Expert Protege
yeah that would be me. I can only guess that they needed to fill the palet going to Austria and I got lucky. But my normalized order ID is more like 8600, so it's not that big an anomaly, some cases like that just happen I expect.

Well, I am obviously happy with it coming early. Now I will be able to rift all my games for the LEAP launch, 3 more Rift titles in July 🙂
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

Shockbolt
Explorer
"Gerald" wrote:
yeah that would be me. I can only guess that they needed to fill the palet going to Austria and I got lucky. But my normalized order ID is more like 8600, so it's not that big an anomaly, some cases like that just happen I expect.

Well, I am obviously happy with it coming early. Now I will be able to rift all my games for the LEAP launch, 3 more Rift titles in July 🙂

Do keep us not so lucky individuals in mind, when you play the heck out of those Rift games and demos, I doubt we'll see you in here again for a while 🙂

Gerald
Expert Protege
Don't say that - I am curious towards how this develops, and I plan to blog about it, so I guess this will be interesting to look into.

But I still can't really grasp it that I will get to try it by the end of the week 🙂
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

Sawersadam
Honored Guest
"danielbln" wrote:
This is a two months outdated order tracker attempt that eventually lead to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnqCTeq44YeYdHRoZDNCMnVuNm1qdTRudjlWYkRoTlE#gid=0

Is this relatively up to date now? I had a quick look at the data and then followed a link to reddit thread where the author of the tracker was trying to recruit editors but the last entry is a month old. Looks like the form data is still being collected OK. In the meantime I'll experiment with getting it updated via other means.

Rambowjo
Honored Guest
"Gerald" wrote:
Don't say that - I am curious towards how this develops, and I plan to blog about it, so I guess this will be interesting to look into.

But I still can't really grasp it that I will get to try it by the end of the week 🙂

Any word on other Austrians getting the rift at the same time as you?

Mrklaw
Explorer
"Gerald" wrote:

Do we think they are doing the pallet thing for all markets? Now they have European fulfilment I would have thought they'd just ship to the Uk in bulk for all of Europe, and then ship out from there?

ReT
Honored Guest
I can't imagine there are more than about 5 (or 10 at MOST) South Africans who are waiting for their Rifts...surely you guys could just get us pleb 3rd World people out the way so long? 8-)

Should you require a bit more of a push to get my Rift out sooner, here are some words of encouragement; I am the grandson of late King Rabalingwe Rabube, and I have recently been blessed by God to have the great fortune of being named the sole beneficiary of his entire Estate. As such I have recently inherited $43 000 000 and am currently looking to invest my monies internationally as our current economy is extremely unstable. I am seeking international investors and would happily part with $10 000 000 for your time and effort (Mr Palmer Lucky) to invest (on my behalf) this fortune...on my behalf. All I require is that you send me your banking details, a copy of your ID, your latest bank statement, customer selected pin and your physical address, in order for me to transfer said monies swiftly into your account. Please email me at ReT@trustworthysouthafrican.co.za. Thank you and God bless. PS: The above mentioned amount is in Zim Dollar, just to avoid any confusion 😄

LathspeLL
Honored Guest
That made my morning, thank you 😄

MagicK0
Honored Guest
"Rambowjo" wrote:

Any word on other Austrians getting the rift at the same time as you?

Order ID 8704 from Austria still at Ready on my Order Status 😞