cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starship Bridge Demo - Beta

tmek
Protege
This is a VR environmental demo based on the Star Trek Voyager bridge.

Historical Documents are now available for viewing!
Version 0.2 released for testing (don't post to reddit yet please). See update info below.

Press ALT-ENTER to enter fullscreen Rift mode.

You may need to download and install the Microsoft VC++ redistributable here.

I recommend wearing headphones. There are three audio dialog cues you can find and trigger. Press 'e' to fire photon torpedoes.

Made in Unreal Engine 4. It runs at 60fps on my machine with a 760gtx in Oculus Rift mode.
Not sure how it will fare on other hardware.

If someone with a gamepad could test that it works with one I would appreciate it.

Additional screenshots

Download demo. (~114mb)

People have been having trouble getting it from Google Drive so added a Mega download as well.

Thanks!
-tmek

Update: v0.2 : The Historical Documents are now available for viewing!
Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!eUYhSCxA!DG59j7ureVbE3A-zIuCCEOMpe4Ynk6xvCg9CdYRmG6k

1.) Set Windows monitors to "extend desktop" instead of "clone".
2.) Visit Netflix.com using Google Chrome.
3.) Select and play one of the 700+ historical documents.
4.) Launch Bridge Demo v0.2
5.) Geek out.

(NOTE: Please don't post this on Reddit or anywhere else just yet, this update is just intended for testing and finding issues with the video capture and playback code.)

-
65 REPLIES 65

CJCA915
Honored Guest
Runs very nicely on my GTX 550 Ti.

Although, there is some noticeable aliasing for me... and how exactly do I get all those chromatic aberration effects, etc? like in the video in the previous post?

ido
Honored Guest
Any idea on why the resolution won't change in Rift mode? I can't figure out a solution.

Traveler101
Explorer
Congrats on making this, looking forward to giving it a go.. trouble is there's something not working correctly. My monitor shows full screen twin images, but they look slightly different to normal, and in the image in the Rift is hopeless, kind of bunched up in the middle and messed up. Any help please?

Traveler101
Explorer
Working like a dream now, looks amazing. Don't quite know why it started working, I tinkered with "Engine.Stereo3D" section of UDKEngine.ini, I changed some stuff which didn't work but after changing back it worked fine, there's a noggin scratcher.
Anyway, excellent work, tmek, great attention to detail, looks fantastic and runs like a dream on a GTX 680 of course, I'll let you know how it goes on a 540m laptop.
Voyager was my favourite Star Trek. I was late catching up with it, I broke my leg and watched the whole series while laid up.

Walking around in this perfect replica. It feels slightly like the Marie Celeste, you hear the voices of the crew like some ghosts or part of a time travel conundrum, and although the ship is intact, it made me think of this episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Course:_Oblivion

How long did it take you to make?

VRCitizen
Honored Guest
Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome demo. Loved it. Any chance you might do the Enterprise D or E?

cloudforestrive
Honored Guest
looks really cool, i wish i could try it out, another reason for me to switch to pc soon 🙂

Defiant
Honored Guest
Hey.
Is there anything else I need to load besides the VC++ redistributable package?
I'm basically seeing the same issue that was reported above, but the solution he used doesn't work for me:

1. Downloaded this file
2. Extracted into folder
3. Found .exe and ran
4. Error came up indicating MSVCR120.dll was missing
5. Downloaded file, extracted into same location as EXE. Did the same for some other missing DLLs.
Started .exe again, received new error "The application was unable to
start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application"

I saw the recommendation to install the Microsoft VC++ redistributable.
I did, and I still get the same error.

Win 7 X64.

Thanks

xanderdavis
Honored Guest
Mac build possible? Please! 😄

Just enjoyed it over the video in the Rift, but would love to use it for real. 🙂
Remote Consulting to Clients Worldwide in UI / UX / VR: http://www.xanderdavis.com

mike3433
Honored Guest
Appreciate the detail invested into this bridge. I may not own a Rift but the overall build quality is staggering. imagine Elite Force remastered and applying Rift tech!

For those of us without Rift and/or need a preview, this is for you.

DExUS
Honored Guest
I want my oculus NOW 😞 , this looks awesome.
Looking forward to see the whole ship 😉