cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Share (or reviewer?)

Kubold
Explorer
I tried to get Malfunction to Oculus Share 5 times. All 5 times it was rejected, for reasons that are unclear to me. Here how it looks from my side:

1. First submission was rejected because Mac version did not upload fully to Oculus servers (although upload verification was successful before submission).
2. Second submission with Oculus hosting files was impossible, because after uploading, the verification showed that the files weren't overwritten by new version. There are still old files on the server that can't be overwritten.
3. Third submission attempt was rejected because I typed in the direct file URL in the bracket, that is cleraly signed "file download URL". Misleading, but ok, my bad.
4. Fourth submission was rejected because I actually provided my web page adress in the "file URL" bracket, but apparently, on your side, you still see the direct file download url, just like in the previous submission (so again, once you do something wrong, it stays like that forever.

Half a year later I tried the 5th time (when I felt I'm no longer angry at you).

I posted all new submission (after reinstalling windows btw., so no "cashed" submissions were on my computer browser). I did everything right. Rejection reason (just 1 sentence in the mail): "nothing has changed, we encourage you to try again".

Now, for me, there are a few explanations for what is happening:

1. Share is broken, but nobody cares
2. Reviewer doesn't want Malfucntion on Share, and instead just telling me so, he trolls me.
3. I am an idiot (I can make a game, I sell animations online, but somehow internetz me no understand)

Anyway, whatever the reason, the Share guys see what happens and they don't want to lift a finger to help. Instead, they go "oh it's you again, we encourage you try again". You are using the most enraging and annoying internet provider phone service practice. You seriously, make a game developer feel like a dumbass fool and you laugh at his face.
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
I think these problems stem from bugs on the Share back-end. I know the site is not perfect.

Let me see if there is any way to restore your submission. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, I think we fixed it.

https://share.oculus.com/app/malfunction

Sorry for the delay.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Kubold
Explorer
Thank you!

This was a good excercise before submitting my next game to greenlight 😄

cybereality
Grand Champion
No problem.