This latest release allows you to:
- Sit in chairs.
- Watch Netflix videos on the main view screen.
- Interact with the ship/computer through voice commands and responses.
- Monitor the computers vocal analysis on the "Operations" main view panel.
- Find and activate three crew audio cues on the bridge.
- Make sure you have a microphone plugged in an set as default input device.
- Also make sure Windows speech is set to US English
Download Voyager Bridge Demo v0.3b
You may also need to download and install the Microsoft VC++ redistributable here
. And the latest Microsoft .NET Framework
Thanks to WPKenny for finding this solution that was causing an issue for some:
Change speech recognition engine to US English. In Windows 7 go to: Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition and click Advanced Speech options on the left and change the drop down to US English.
See below for more detailed instructions and examples.
Unreal Engine 4 "Bridge Demo" v0.3 by tmek
Description: This is a free, fan made interactive VR environmental demo based on the StarTrek Voyager Bridge.
To Start: run \BridgeDemo\Binaries\Win64\BridgeDemo.exe. Press alt+enter to enter Oculus Rift mode
Interactive Features and Instructions
* Sit in the Captains chair!
- Walk up to any chair to sit down. Move away to stand up.
* Watch the "Historical Documents" on the main view screen!
- Watch Voyager TV episodes or any other Netflix shows or movies
- You must set the Rift in Windows display properties to "extend desktop"
rather than "clone" to use this feature.
- Start any Netflix episode or movie in Chrome or Firefox then launch the demo to watch it on the main screen.
- Press 'V' on keyboard, 'B' on gamepad or say "On Screen" to toggle the main view screen feed.
* Interact with Voyager's computer!
- Version 0.3 supports speech recognition and responses.
- Issue voice commands such as "fire photon torpedo" or "On Screen".
- Issue voice querries such as: "Computer, What is Star Trek?"
- Monitor the computer's vocal analysis at the top of the Operations station main panel display.
- Say "computer stop" to stop the computer's current response.
- List of currently available voice commands:
"Fire", "Fire Torpedo", "Fire Torpedoes",
"Fire Photon Torpedo", "Fire Photon Torpedoes", "Fire Photon Torpedoes Full Spread",
"Photon Torpedo", "Photon Torpedoes", "Photon Torpedoes Full Spread", "Fire Everything",
"On Screen", "Viewer Off", "Off Screen"
- Issue querries to the computer by saying "Computer" followed by your question. Examples:
"Computer, what is the atomic mass of uranium?"
"Computer, who is Captain Kirk?"
"Computer, how far is mars?"
"Computer, what is the starship enterprise?"
* Find and trigger three crew audio cues around the bridge!
- Toggling the main view screen to video feed will stop any currently playing audio cues.
- Toggling the main view screen to forward external view will reenable audio cues.
Notes and Additional Credits
This runs at 60fps on my machine with a 760gtx in Oculus Rift mode.
it on any other machines so it may not perform well on lower hardware.
Inspired and based on the 2011 3DSMAX mesh by "Chainsaw" at http://www.trekmeshes.ch/
Sound captures from http://www.trekcore.com/audio/