New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Any news on shipping for international backers?

1242527293058

Comments

  • ArielMantoArielManto Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Rambowjo wrote:
    Gerald wrote:
    Don't say that - I am curious towards how this develops, and I plan to blog about it, so I guess this will be interesting to look into.

    But I still can't really grasp it that I will get to try it by the end of the week :)


    Any word on other Austrians getting the rift at the same time as you?

    My Adjusted Order # should be around 13-14.000 an i live in Austria. No Rift incoming here ;) but my number is also far higher... btw cheers Gerald have fun with it :) (Vlt. setz ich mich aber auch ab Mittowch vor Dein Postamt ;)
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    ArielManto wrote:
    (Vlt. setz ich mich aber auch ab Mittowch vor Dein Postamt ;)

    I have a feeling I was just lucky, and I must say it has given me quite a motivational boost. I need to implement it now into many tech demos and games.

    I think it will arrive on Thursday, and it will come with UPS - so no point in waiting at the post office. But you are welcome to join me on the unboxing and following intensive testing. I live in Wels. :)
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • KBKKBK Posts: 983
    Art3mis
    redacted. :)
    Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
  • SawersadamSawersadam Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Post removed to save space (and duplication, and time wasting).... :)
  • ArielMantoArielManto Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Gerald wrote:
    ArielManto wrote:
    (Vlt. setz ich mich aber auch ab Mittowch vor Dein Postamt ;)

    I have a feeling I was just lucky, and I must say it has given me quite a motivational boost. I need to implement it now into many tech demos and games.

    I think it will arrive on Thursday, and it will come with UPS - so no point in waiting at the post office. But you are welcome to join me on the unboxing and following intensive testing. I live in Wels. :)

    You gonna laugh... tomorrow I am really travelling from Attnang to Vienna - so Wels would be right on the way :D But unfortunately im so busy with my work those days theres no to not much time for me nevertheless. Given another day, i would be ringing on your door bell the second it arrives ;)
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    ArielManto wrote:
    Gerald wrote:
    ArielManto wrote:
    (Vlt. setz ich mich aber auch ab Mittowch vor Dein Postamt ;)

    I have a feeling I was just lucky, and I must say it has given me quite a motivational boost. I need to implement it now into many tech demos and games.

    I think it will arrive on Thursday, and it will come with UPS - so no point in waiting at the post office. But you are welcome to join me on the unboxing and following intensive testing. I live in Wels. :)

    You gonna laugh... tomorrow I am really travelling from Attnang to Vienna - so Wels would be right on the way :D But unfortunately im so busy with my work those days theres no to not much time for me nevertheless. Given another day, i would be ringing on your door bell the second it arrives ;)

    I think the one already available for demos is also in Vienna ... just an idea. ;)

    And mine won't run away, so when you have time and are in the mood for a visit just let me know. :)
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • AleksBeerAleksBeer Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sawersadam wrote:
    OK - I found updating original sheet is too cumbersome.

    So I will be regularly updating one that I made from it instead, you can my replacement spreadsheet here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aik_f_KKEnlsdFhWSzVTMmduTHRQaGVNaGhQVW90b3c#gid=0
    I will try and update it at least once in every 24hrs.
    **NB: I will still be reading my data from the original** so hopefully new data still gets entered there.

    As it stands it is only a really a feed for this (hope someone finds it useful :? ):
    Feel free to download Qlikview (free personal edition) from here:
    64 bit
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40072807/QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe
    32 bit
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40072807/QlikViewDesktop_x86Setup.exe

    or you can get it directly from Qlikview (again free for personal use) here:
    http://www.qlikview.com/us/explore/experience/free-download?ga-link=hero

    When you have it installed you can open this QVW file:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40072807/RiftTrackerOnlineUpdateV1.qvw
    with a couple of warnings to do with restrictions trial licensing limitations
    It has a link to the Google file so all you need to do is click refresh from time to time.

    Else...

    I am currently working on some basic charting and sorting etc so that there is no need to meddle around with the QVW stuff. ETA End of week.

    Note there are a couple of things I still need to add:
    -> Algorithm for projecting a likely delivery date
    -> Analysis overlayed on Google maps
    -> Some missing fields

    All I'm trying to provide here is a low maintenance update process (I'm not all done yet).

    Context:
    Original Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnqCTeq44YeYdHRoZDNCMnVuNm1qdTRudjlWYkRoTlE#gid=0
    Original Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Eugq1A2S5e6t2wOZ-M6hrWTYC2yH-FkMBSFIckWXSCo/viewform

    http://riftorders.aws.af.cm/
  • SawersadamSawersadam Posts: 49
    AleksBeer wrote:

    Hahaha, succinct! :) now, back to thumb-twiddling, cheers!!!
  • AleksBeerAleksBeer Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sawersadam wrote:
    AleksBeer wrote:

    Hahaha, succinct! :) now, back to thumb-twiddling, cheers!!!

    ;)
  • ShockboltShockbolt Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    Can someone delete this from the tracker list, as I obviously didn't take a time machine to place an order for my Rift in the future:

    "1 Oct 2013 43641 (9386) 10 May 2013 (-6 days) 24 May 2013 (8 days) 31 May 2013 (15 days) Ready Norway Shockbolt"
  • drachdrach Posts: 63
    Hi fellow Cyberspacers! My Signed Rift is finally on its way to Germany since 2 days. The tracking email from UPS said delivery should be expected on the 21st of May but apprently my Rift is allready in Cologne and just passed through customs. After the last status update UPS removed the expected delivery date compeltely... Now I have a question to Germans who allready received their Rifts: How long did the shipping process take? Did any of you change the delivery address while it was shipping and if yes, how did that go?
  • SubcideSubcide Posts: 55
    Brain Burst
    I feel sorry for the person who ordered on 1 Jan 1970, and still hasn't received theirs :'(

    ;)
  • lohanlohan Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    @drach

    Great to hear your Oculus is on its way and already arrived in good ol' Germany. Could you tell me when you placed your order? I (living near Düsseldorf) placed my order on February 1st and still my order status is "Ready" and I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet.
  • danielblndanielbln Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    lohan wrote:
    @drach

    Great to hear your Oculus is on its way and already arrived in good ol' Germany. Could you tell me when you placed your order? I (living near Düsseldorf) placed my order on February 1st and still my order status is "Ready" and I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet.
    Hold your horses, I'm at 87xx to Berlin, ordered in August and am still at 'Ready'. I'm afraid it will be at least a couple more weeks for me, and potentially a month for you.
  • drachdrach Posts: 63
    lohan wrote:
    @drach

    Great to hear your Oculus is on its way and already arrived in good ol' Germany. Could you tell me when you placed your order? I (living near Düsseldorf) placed my order on February 1st and still my order status is "Ready" and I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet.

    Hi Lohan,

    I purchased my Rift on Aug 1, 2012 06:30 PM PDT (Order ID00074) but because I have bought a signed Rift it was delayed for some time. As you can see my case is a bit special and is not a good example for the usual shipping process.
  • JayJay Posts: 84
    Brain Burst
    lohan wrote:
    @drach

    Great to hear your Oculus is on its way and already arrived in good ol' Germany. Could you tell me when you placed your order? I (living near Düsseldorf) placed my order on February 1st and still my order status is "Ready" and I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet.

    You're probably gonna get your rift in late June.
  • nellusnellus Posts: 113
    Subcide wrote:
    I feel sorry for the person who ordered on 1 Jan 1970, and still hasn't received theirs :'(

    ;)

    :lol::lol::lol:
    Jay wrote:
    lohan wrote:
    @drach

    Great to hear your Oculus is on its way and already arrived in good ol' Germany. Could you tell me when you placed your order? I (living near Düsseldorf) placed my order on February 1st and still my order status is "Ready" and I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet.

    You're probably gonna get your rift in late June.
    probably
  • johnmccabejohnmccabe Posts: 45
    Just this second got a mail that my order will advance to processing in the next 24 hours.. UK, 85xx. Good luck to the rest of you all.
  • svensven Posts: 339
    Hiro Protagonist
    Woah.. it's a big batch about to ship! Just got the email 20 minutes ago saying that my order will be switching to processing within 24 hours. I ordered on August 31st and my order number is #97xx :D
  • EmnasutEmnasut Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Yay, I just got the email that my order will be changed to Processing in the next 24 hours! (:
    Germany here, order number #90xx. I ordered on August 30. ^^
  • RambowjoRambowjo Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Well that's an excitingly large number of people suddenly getting their Rifts.
  • danielblndanielbln Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    87xx to Germany about to go processing as well. So it looks in the past is has been about a 1 week and a half from this point to having the Rift at the doorstep. Hold on to your buts, gents!
  • bwhillbwhill Posts: 65
    Not just EU. I got a move to processing notice to Cape Town, South Africa. Order 82xx. It's could be shipped from the EU, let's hope the Somalian's don't steal my rift (or do they use air mail?).
  • jushiijushii Posts: 16
    Order 82XX to Finland about to go processing. Finally!
    gamedev @Liquid Flower
  • MrklawMrklaw Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    sven wrote:
    Woah.. it's a big batch about to ship! Just got the email 20 minutes ago saying that my order will be switching to processing within 24 hours. I ordered on August 31st and my order number is #97xx :D

    986x here, so yep, looks like a big batch
  • KlausFlyKlausFly Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Received Mail that Order #7815 to Germany will switch to Processing. :o
  • ReTReT Posts: 191
    bwhill wrote:
    Not just EU. I got a move to processing notice to Cape Town, South Africa. Order 82xx. It's could be shipped from the EU, let's hope the Somalian's don't steal my rift (or do they use air mail?).
    From one South African to another 'I don't smaak you right now boet' :P
  • AndrewKAndrewK Posts: 25
    Belarus, 21### and... not switching to processing :D
  • cryxancryxan Posts: 7
    Got one of those e-mails as well.

    That's UK order 73xx about to go to processing soon too.
    John Sinclair
  • RTshadersRTshaders Posts: 5
    Mine is 048###.I guess it must be the long waiting.Any news for Asia?
Sign In or Register to comment.