cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aliens, Trolls & Dragons

Kubold
Explorer
Aliens, Trolls and Dragons is a Third Person Perspective, Action/Adventure game with native Oculus Rift support (and also on standard monitors). It will be released as a single player experience on PC and Mac in a form of episodes. The first one is expected to ship this Fall.

Aliens, Trolls and Dragons will be heavily story driven. It’s essentially a clash between science fiction and fantasy. You will have a chance to test advanced technology and weapons against warriors and monsters living on a planet, that strikingly resembles what we know from fantasy stories. I'm aiming for 1-2 hour gameplay per episode, packed with cinematic scenes, swordfighting, shooting knights with pulse rifles and boss battles.

Announce Trailer:

Story:
It is the near future. Thanks to rapid progress in the field of spacecraft propulsion, we were able to reach distant planets and discover intelligent life. The aliens very much resemble us, their civilization is comparable to our medieval times. A manned mission is sent to the planet, but the lander crashes because of unknown reasons. The wreck is looted and the crew is captured and taken by the locals. You are the chief security officer of the landing party and your job is to fix all this mess.

Ok, now! This is what evolved from the "werewolf demo" (the thread it's somewhere here in work in progress) 🙂

Kubold

Links:

Official Page: http://www.alienstrollsanddragons.com/
Kubold home page: http://www.kubold.com/
55 REPLIES 55

WhelanWeb
Honored Guest
I'll post your Trailer on our site tomorrow. Looks like a lot of fun.
Got a game in development or a cool piece of VR tech you want to show off? We are looking for demos, trailers and all things VR. Just send us a mail and we would be more than happy to feature it on our site. http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

edulinares
Honored Guest
YES!!

Need more third person games on Oculus.

Would you mind making the whole trailer in Oculus format? It's impossible to watch it on the Rift like this, moving in and out of Oculus mode.

Kubold
Explorer
I'll release a video with few minutes of gameplay soon. Besides a normal 29,97 fps Youtube, I'll try to make a 60fps video available for download. It should be way more "watchable" in Oculus. And I promise I'll try to not move my head too much... well, except when aiming for headshots 😉

MadGames
Honored Guest
very interesting 😉

Ananas
Explorer
This looks absolutely gorgeous. You've managed to capture the
"Kubold" wrote:
clash between science fiction and fantasy

feeling pretty well, I like it.

The animations looks great. These kind of games will look more and more the kind of "interactive movie" people have been trying to make, but with the head-tracking and true 3D this will be much better.

"Kubold" wrote:
I'll release a video with few minutes of gameplay soon. Besides a normal 29,97 fps Youtube, I'll try to make a 60fps video available for download.

That sounds great, I usually don't watch Rift videos with the Rift but something like that would be really nice.
Or even better, if you ever need any playtesters I would be more than happy to test the non-finished product and give feedback 😄

Kubold
Explorer
Hey!

E3 is up and I finally get to work on ATD. Gameplay video soon; for now - making locations and figuring out the TPP combat camera. It's not that easy - you can't move the camera up or down if it is too close to a wall, like you would in normal TPP. In VR, even if you "know" that you are just a camera, you still percieve yourself as... well, yourself. So the eye height must be "yours". Funny, it's single player, but you feel like in coop - you and your buddy, the hero 😉

Ananas
Explorer
"Kubold" wrote:
Hey!In VR, even if you "know" that you are just a camera, you still percieve yourself as... well, yourself. So the eye height must be "yours". Funny, it's single player, but you feel like in coop - you and your buddy, the hero 😉
So, second-person games will actually be a thing!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow. Looks amazing. Nice work!