cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on shipping for international backers?

Jeppe
Honored Guest
I'm very glad that Oculus have started shipping out the Rift dev kits to backers in the US. Looking at unboxing videos and reading impressions about the Rift makes me incredibly proud to have backed this, you have truly made an awesome product and I am really impressed about the general quality of both the dev kit and the SDK.

However as far as I know Oculus haven't started to send out the Rift to early international backers yet. It would be really great if you guys at Oculus could tell us the reason for this as well as an estimate when you will start sending dev kits abroad. After what I've understood you've had a pretty strict "first come-first served" policy regarding the shipping so I'm hoping us international backers won't have to wait too long 🙂
1,729 REPLIES 1,729

Shockbolt
Explorer
Can someone delete this from the tracker list, as I obviously didn't take a time machine to place an order for my Rift in the future:

"1 Oct 2013 43641 (9386) 10 May 2013 (-6 days) 24 May 2013 (8 days) 31 May 2013 (15 days) Ready Norway Shockbolt"

drach
Honored Guest
Hi fellow Cyberspacers! My Signed Rift is finally on its way to Germany since 2 days. The tracking email from UPS said delivery should be expected on the 21st of May but apprently my Rift is allready in Cologne and just passed through customs. After the last status update UPS removed the expected delivery date compeltely... Now I have a question to Germans who allready received their Rifts: How long did the shipping process take? Did any of you change the delivery address while it was shipping and if yes, how did that go?

Subcide
Honored Guest
I feel sorry for the person who ordered on 1 Jan 1970, and still hasn't received theirs :'(

😉

lohan
Honored Guest
@drach

Great to hear your Oculus is on its way and already arrived in good ol' Germany. Could you tell me when you placed your order? I (living near Düsseldorf) placed my order on February 1st and still my order status is "Ready" and I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet.

danielbln
Honored Guest
"lohan" wrote:
@drach

Great to hear your Oculus is on its way and already arrived in good ol' Germany. Could you tell me when you placed your order? I (living near Düsseldorf) placed my order on February 1st and still my order status is "Ready" and I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet.

Hold your horses, I'm at 87xx to Berlin, ordered in August and am still at 'Ready'. I'm afraid it will be at least a couple more weeks for me, and potentially a month for you.

drach
Honored Guest
"lohan" wrote:
@drach

Hi Lohan,

I purchased my Rift on Aug 1, 2012 06:30 PM PDT (Order ID00074) but because I have bought a signed Rift it was delayed for some time. As you can see my case is a bit special and is not a good example for the usual shipping process.

Jay
Honored Guest
"lohan" wrote:
@drach

You're probably gonna get your rift in late June.

nellus
Honored Guest
"Subcide" wrote:
I feel sorry for the person who ordered on 1 Jan 1970, and still hasn't received theirs :'(

😉

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Jay" wrote:
"lohan" wrote:
@drach

You're probably gonna get your rift in late June.

probably

johnmccabe
Protege
Just this second got a mail that my order will advance to processing in the next 24 hours.. UK, 85xx. Good luck to the rest of you all.

sven
Protege
Woah.. it's a big batch about to ship! Just got the email 20 minutes ago saying that my order will be switching to processing within 24 hours. I ordered on August 31st and my order number is #97xx 😄