cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on shipping for international backers?

Jeppe
Honored Guest
I'm very glad that Oculus have started shipping out the Rift dev kits to backers in the US. Looking at unboxing videos and reading impressions about the Rift makes me incredibly proud to have backed this, you have truly made an awesome product and I am really impressed about the general quality of both the dev kit and the SDK.

However as far as I know Oculus haven't started to send out the Rift to early international backers yet. It would be really great if you guys at Oculus could tell us the reason for this as well as an estimate when you will start sending dev kits abroad. After what I've understood you've had a pretty strict "first come-first served" policy regarding the shipping so I'm hoping us international backers won't have to wait too long 🙂
1,729 REPLIES 1,729

Emnasut
Explorer
Yay, I just got the email that my order will be changed to Processing in the next 24 hours! (:
Germany here, order number #90xx. I ordered on August 30. ^^

Rambowjo
Honored Guest
Well that's an excitingly large number of people suddenly getting their Rifts.

danielbln
Honored Guest
87xx to Germany about to go processing as well. So it looks in the past is has been about a 1 week and a half from this point to having the Rift at the doorstep. Hold on to your buts, gents!

bwhill
Honored Guest
Not just EU. I got a move to processing notice to Cape Town, South Africa. Order 82xx. It's could be shipped from the EU, let's hope the Somalian's don't steal my rift (or do they use air mail?).

jushii
Honored Guest
Order 82XX to Finland about to go processing. Finally!
gamedev @Liquid Flower

Mrklaw
Explorer
"sven" wrote:
Woah.. it's a big batch about to ship! Just got the email 20 minutes ago saying that my order will be switching to processing within 24 hours. I ordered on August 31st and my order number is #97xx 😄

986x here, so yep, looks like a big batch

KlausFly
Honored Guest
Received Mail that Order #7815 to Germany will switch to Processing. 😮

ReT
Honored Guest
"bwhill" wrote:
Not just EU. I got a move to processing notice to Cape Town, South Africa. Order 82xx. It's could be shipped from the EU, let's hope the Somalian's don't steal my rift (or do they use air mail?).
From one South African to another 'I don't smaak you right now boet' 😛

AndrewK
Honored Guest
Belarus, 21### and... not switching to processing 😄

cryxan
Honored Guest
Got one of those e-mails as well.

That's UK order 73xx about to go to processing soon too.
John Sinclair