cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serenity VR [SteamVR] Updated 4/19/2018

kavehth
Explorer
Update 04.19.2018:

after a very long time I've finally released a new version.
I've pretty much remade everything and added a lot of new stuff including a lot of interaction using the controllers
you can download it here: https://kavehth.itch.io/serenity-vr

Update 09.03.2014:

• updated to SDK 0.4.1
  • added the cargo hold
  • improved textures and added a lot of detail
  • added intro
  • added dynamic sun light

you can use objects that turn yellow with the left mouse button or the "a" button
    when in the pilot chair you can rotate the ship with WASD
    you can toggle VSync with "V"
    you can toggle the sky light with "L"

Hi all,
    Ever since I found out about the oculus I thought I would be really incredible if I could walk inside Serenity from the tv show Firefly, so about a year ago I start using unity and for my first project I decided to build the interior of the ship. I am modelling from the film version of the ship and trying to be as accurate as possible.
    It’s been going pretty slow but here is what I have so far

6.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.jpg

I’ve modeled other areas of the ship but I haven’t added any details yet.
    If anyone is interested in helping out just let me know.
  • 87 REPLIES 87

cybereality
    Grand Champion
    Amazing!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

drash
    Heroic Explorer
    Looks great, very excited to see more of this! I can just imagine the long neck of the ship from your hallway there.

I know there's been a few interpretations of how the ship is laid out and how it fits within the exterior hull, so I'm sure that part's a big challenge, huh?
    • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Enda
    Protege
    Nice, can't wait to try that out, hallway looks great.
    Enda _____________________________________________________ Check out the Original Enterprise and TNG Bridges in VR http://www.endaoconnor.com/ImagesPage/images.html _____________________________________________________

kavehth
    Explorer
    Thanks

"drash" wrote:
    Looks great, very excited to see more of this! I can just imagine the long neck of the ship from your hallway there.

I know there's been a few interpretations of how the ship is laid out and how it fits within the exterior hull, so I'm sure that part's a big challenge, huh?

if you look from the outside the hallway should be a bit longer, but i wanted it to look just like the movie.

here are some more shots

4.jpg
    5.jpg
    8.jpg

DillonRobinson
    Honored Guest
    Phenomenal! You don't even need a game around this - it would be great to just wander a polished and atmospheric version of that ship.
    -- -- --

hudcrab
    Honored Guest
    I am thrilled to see this project underway. I can't wait to walk around Serenity!

isthisthingon
    Honored Guest
    Shiny!!

jrbm
    Honored Guest
    And The Brown Coats Shall Rise Again!I Love the series.
    Great job, looks very familiar! 🙂

Anonymous
    Not applicable
    very cool. i'm certainly giving this a spin when you release it!