Baby Telekinesis — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Baby Telekinesis

KierenAWHKierenAWH Posts: 7
edited June 2014 in Showcase
Hey everyone!

This is my first real project using Oculus and I was just looking to get some feedback on it so far.

I do have some restrictions with this project being that the player can't move around the room, meaning all the control is through the Oculus Rift and using your eyes essentially creating the illusion that your are moving objects with your mind.

I'm looking for comments and criticism on all aspects of the build. At the moment it's still a WIP and I'm looking to take it further so anything you have to say is useful :)

Cheers!

Windows Build

Mac Build

Comments

• EndaEnda Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    I look forward to giving it a go, is the download just PC or is it Mac also?
    Enda
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Cool.

Just a suggestion, though: when posting demos please include an image or video. Most people won't just download a random exe file without some preview. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • KierenAWHKierenAWH Posts: 7
    Whoops... sorry about that.

I've uploaded an image now, I'll try and stick some more up tomorrow, unfortunately my DK is at work at the moment so it's a pain to get any more images.

And with regards to a Mac build I'll stick one up first thing tomorrow morning :)

Completely forgot about it and I even uploaded on a Mac... Doh!
  • tmektmek Posts: 103
    Hiro Protagonist
    Will try the demo soon but had to say I love the concept. :)
  • rupyrupy Posts: 517
    Brain Burst
    Very nice, the framerate is one of the highest I have seen for a unity demo. Try to keep it that way!
    aeon.svg
    "It's like Homeworld in first person."
    Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS.
    Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.
  • KierenAWHKierenAWH Posts: 7
    Hey everyone

I've updated the game a lot more now so if you could download it and have a go that would be great :)
  • rupyrupy Posts: 517
    Brain Burst
    Hi, some feedback:

- The blue dot is only in the left eye.
    - The physics have not improved; they need to, in order to make the experience fun: simple rubber band probably won't cut it though.
    - The game is now too slow on Intel graphics with Unity.

I still like the concept though!
    aeon.svg
    "It's like Homeworld in first person."
    Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS.
    Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.