cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting and publishing on OVR Share

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if this is the correct forum category for this post but it relates to OVR Share:

How long does the submission process take? I.e. if we wanted a timed release date, say to release a demo on the same day a Kickstarter campaign launches, is that an option?

Thanks!
20 REPLIES 20

cybereality
Grand Champion
Submissions typically take 1 week (or sometimes longer) to be approved.

We don't feature timed releases, but we may be able to work something out in special cases.

I'd advise submitting around 2 - 3 weeks prior to the Kickstarter and sending us a note on the desired release date.

We should be able to accommodate you.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks, that's good to know. Had best get cracking then!

Regards
Sam

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
Hello cybereality,

As you know, I am the programmer of Live for Speed. Support for Oculus has been in development for some time as you can see this thread : viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5335

A user "noquarter" has posted Live for Speed on Oculus Share without our authorisation and without trying to contact us before he did so : https://share.oculus.com/app/live-for-speed

I guess he was trying to help. But Live for Speed is not ready for Oculus Share. I believe it should be for me, the developer, to put it on Oculus Share when the support is included in our full version. Installing the full version and then copying files from a Test Patch zip does not give the best impression. Also as there is a new test patch, the instructions on the unauthorised Oculus Share page now point to the old version and this is one example why it should be managed by me.

Please could you remove the submission from Oculus Share? I am planning to move to a full 'official' version in the next couple of weeks, then I will submit Live for Speed to Oculus Share.

I have already asked noquarter to remove the share and also clicked "report this app" on the aunathorised share page but so far have had no response.

Do you think that random people should be able to share the work of other developers without their permission, when the developers are readily available to talk about it? There seems to be a flaw in the submission process.
Live for Speed - www.lfs.net

palmertech
Explorer
Hi Scawen,

We will fix this ASAP.

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
Thanks, Phil has now deactivated the page.

I look forward to making a submission with Rift support in our official version as soon as possible, and continuing development when I receive my DK2! 🙂
Live for Speed - www.lfs.net

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's an interesting point Scawen and glad you got it resolved!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi cybereality

Just wanted to check we are allowed to submit a game to Oculus Share and submit it to Steam Greenlight program too? Is there any level of exclusivity associated with Oculus Share?

We are very close to submitting our demo to Oculus Share (this week!)

Thanks
Sam

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you can also submit on other storefronts (or your own website) if you like.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have submitted our game - Radial-G to the OVR share. At least we think we have! Is it possible to see the status of the submission anywhere?