cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serenity VR [SteamVR] Updated 4/19/2018

kavehth
Explorer
Update 04.19.2018:

after a very long time I've finally released a new version.
I've pretty much remade everything and added a lot of new stuff including a lot of interaction using the controllers
you can download it here: https://kavehth.itch.io/serenity-vr

Update 09.03.2014:

• updated to SDK 0.4.1
  • added the cargo hold
  • improved textures and added a lot of detail
  • added intro
  • added dynamic sun light

you can use objects that turn yellow with the left mouse button or the "a" button
    when in the pilot chair you can rotate the ship with WASD
    you can toggle VSync with "V"
    you can toggle the sky light with "L"

Hi all,
    Ever since I found out about the oculus I thought I would be really incredible if I could walk inside Serenity from the tv show Firefly, so about a year ago I start using unity and for my first project I decided to build the interior of the ship. I am modelling from the film version of the ship and trying to be as accurate as possible.
    It’s been going pretty slow but here is what I have so far

6.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.jpg

I’ve modeled other areas of the ship but I haven’t added any details yet.
    If anyone is interested in helping out just let me know.
  • 87 REPLIES 87

VRDave
    Honored Guest
    Yes! This! Between this and the Star Trek experiences, I'm going to be able to live out my childhood and teenage fantasies in no time!

Are you planning on building the exterior as well? Or at least wrapping your interior models with a decent exterior one? I would flip out if I could walk up to the Serenity, open the bay doors and then walk inside all the way up to the bridge.

Keep it up!

smsithlord
    Honored Guest
    OMG I do want. I only wish you made it in Source engine so I could build an arcade in there to use the Firefly as my 3d desktop. 😄

Gollygeewizard
    Honored Guest
    Looks great! If you need/want any help with this project just send me a PM!

Kenzie
    Honored Guest
    Very cool! Looking forward to being able to experience Serenity 😄

AlphaOmega
    Honored Guest
    Let me know what you need friend.

Hicks613
    Heroic Explorer
    This is bound to be the most anticipated experiences in the 'verse! :lol:

kavehth
    Explorer
    sorry i haven't posted anything for a while, I've been busy polishing so that i can release a demo of some of the areas of the ship, hopefully i can release something in the next week or so. for now here is a shot of my progress so far
    Serenity.jpg

hudcrab
    Honored Guest
    Thanks for posting kavehth.
    I was going to give you till tomorrow (1 month since the original post) before demanding an update 😛

I can't wait... but also take you're time to get it right...

SQUEEE!

taginda
    Honored Guest
    Give me cows in the storage bay!

Looks awesome though mate, very much looking forward to this.

To me what would be really cool is if as you enter each room perhaps is could trigger some audio of a classic moment that once happened in that room, almost as a tribute to a brilliant series.

So perhaps in the medibay you could have the moment when they tell Simon that Kaylee is dead and then all fall about laughing (The moment when I realised how much I was going to enjoy this show).

Food for thought anyway 🙂

hudcrab
    Honored Guest
    Yeah, audio clips might be nice.

Also - don't forget about Inara's shuttle!