cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the first think you will do with DK2?

nickanderson
Explorer
What do you think you will dive into first when you get the DK2? I know development is the main goal for most, but I am sure all of us have an idea of the game we will want to test out the new resolution and positional tracking with...

I personally am going into the dog fight module for star citizen.

Bummer we wont be able to play EVE or the new alien isolation out of the box :(. :ugeek:
66 REPLIES 66

Welby
Adventurer
I've implemented the latest SDK (0.3.2) without too much issues. Like Drash has said just with some drag and drops and all works pretty fine.

When i'll receive the DK 2 i'll try it,especially the positional tracking and eventually release a new Demo and more important a new alpha for Rift's cave with a lot of new features.

We are trying to finish the new Alpha for the half of July so every people can try it with the DK2 as soon as possible when they'll receive it.

To have the new Rift's Cave Alpha[DK 2 ready],PRE-ORDER it from here,you'll receive the first Alpha[DK 1 ready] (that's the first big step towards the final game )after some hours from the pre-order,but more important if you want something to try istantly when you'll receive your DK 2, a lot of better than the first Alpha,you absolutely have to pre-order the game right now! :lol:

Alright,the time for advertising is finish :lol:

But seriusly,i think Rift's cave can be a really cool experience especially with the Dev Kit 2!

cybereality
Grand Champion
"willste" wrote:
Cyber, I assume DK2 will still be able to run old demo's in a DK1 fashion without taking advantage of the better camera tracking. Is this not the case?

Content made with the old 0.2.x SDK or prior won't work on DK2. Newer content with the latest 0.3.x SDK will work, but only in a compatibility mode. For all the DK2 features, developers will need to build with a newer SDK that has not been released yet. We plan to get that release out around the same time as DK2 ships, so developers can update their content as soon as they receive the headset.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
I hope by the time I get my DK2 people will have had a bit of time to update their demos/games to use positional tracking. I would like to see some of the best demos and get inspired to make some of my own. Then again, if there aren't any good demos, maybe that will push me to try developing a game sooner.

I am really just looking forward to being able to look around a high-def virtual world. I tried a VR game about 12 years ago in Universal Studios Florida, and I am betting the DK2 will blow the doors off of that old game. From what I remember about the game, it was a yellow and black setup just like the one in the movie Hackers, when 'The Plague' is playing VR in his apartment. I think you had a gun and could shoot your opponent (you were playing against another live person) and you were both trying to get an egg and return it to the goal for a point. If you got shot carrying the egg, you dropped it and had to go back for another (from what I remember after all these years). I remember the graphics being very blocky and there was some pretty bad latency, but it definitely got me interested in the possibilities.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

uswin
Explorer
I guess it will be busy time to give a shout to all of our dev buddies to consider updating their build when they had a chance, especially from VRJAM 2013 one, like sightline, private eye, polyrider, not to mention also red frame. oh man, the list are way too long :twisted:

kojack
MVP
MVP
First thing I will do is check for dead pixels (had a few dead and stuck on my dk1).
First game I'll try? Whatever the sdk comes with (tuscany I assume).
What I really want to try: DCS-A10 with dk2 support.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

jtelfer
Protege
Elite Dangerous, Prepar3D, Lunar Flight, Doorways - basically all the Steam stuff that's got support I've picked up. Then the demos.

Echo the comments re not wanting motion sickness though - I've never experienced it in real life so I have everything crossed I don't get it in VR.

Domitjen
Adventurer
If I can set it up properly, Then I'll try Senzo Pesa first, be amazed, call my friends to show the same Senzo Pesa to them 😛

After that I'll try Cineveo or Virtual cinema 3d, still haven't figured out which is the best. I really want to see how the effect is on a 3dmovie in that theater.

japsander
Honored Guest
now im sad 😞

i was hoping that the time i have spent setting up my game collection and downloading countless demos that i would have plenty to play with when my DK2 arrives, oh well.....

i take it this means vireio perception wont work straight away either?

Gygax
Explorer
"japsander" wrote:
i take it this means vireio perception wont work straight away either?

good question
I preordered a DK2 in April, from Australia.. ..and Im still completely sane!! ;P

Tails-
Protege
Technolust, The Gallery, then try to retrofit games like Mirror's edge.. if all these still work of course.

Edit: Just read cyber's response on earlier posts, I guess I'll just have to wait for updates! 😕 I heard Technolust wants to update for DK2 asap at least, and Cloudhead games certainly will be ready to go.. I hope
DK2 Status: DELIVERED Reddit: FourTails