cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the first think you will do with DK2?

nickanderson
Explorer
What do you think you will dive into first when you get the DK2? I know development is the main goal for most, but I am sure all of us have an idea of the game we will want to test out the new resolution and positional tracking with...

I personally am going into the dog fight module for star citizen.

Bummer we wont be able to play EVE or the new alien isolation out of the box :(. :ugeek:
66 REPLIES 66

Vallie
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:

Content made with the old 0.2.x SDK or prior won't work on DK2. Newer content with the latest 0.3.x SDK will work, but only in a compatibility mode.

Well, thats one way to rain on the parade.
I doubt even an eighth of the demos will be updated.

All my roller coasters nooo~

Christiaan
Protege
I'm guessing that most of the developers out there who've invested a considerable amount of resources are on the DK2 bandwagon and are just as anxious as you to see their stuff on DK2.

It'll be fun to see all the newly rebaked stuff rolling out daily!

Cyber, how about a DK2-ready sub-forum? Why not roll it out soon?

fudspong
Explorer
I was all excited about finally pre-ordering my DK2 this morning and then I found this thread and now I has a sad 😞

snappahead
Expert Protege
It is a bit of a downer, but glad I know now not to expect all the demos to just work. I hope all these awesome demos we've been able to play have devs ready and willing to do the work to make them dk2 ready. Fingers crossed. Tuscany won't be fun for long.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

fudspong
Explorer
Oculus should supply some rifts in advance to developers so they can get their demos working before . . oh, wait :shock:

DarrenM
Explorer
"cybereality" wrote:
Unfortunately, there probably won't be a ton of DK2 compatible content at first. I'll probably just run Tuscany.

That's why we need a 2014 VR jam 🙂

It would be cool to see what experiences people can come up with that make use of the extra movement. Also an opportunity to get more UE4 demos.

uswin
Explorer
"DarrenM" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:
Unfortunately, there probably won't be a ton of DK2 compatible content at first. I'll probably just run Tuscany.

That's why we need a 2014 VR jam 🙂

It would be cool to see what experiences people can come up with that make use of the extra movement. Also an opportunity to get more UE4 demos.

couldnt agree more man, vrjam2014 should be on the way, and maybe this time due to fb cash, the prize might be even higher, who knows. :twisted:

mp3guy
Honored Guest
I'm slightly concerned about the amount of load that will be on the GPU with the higher resolution now.

Zer0kewl
Honored Guest
"mp3guy" wrote:
I'm slightly concerned about the amount of load that will be on the GPU with the higher resolution now.

...this was a given.

subfractal
Honored Guest
DCS WORLD! No question 🙂 It will should support DK2 natively at the launch...