New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

New Rift Theatre with animated short "EELCREEK"

PolytronikPolytronik Posts: 20
Brain Burst
edited August 2014 in Showcase
vlcsnap_2014_03_29_11h16m03s199.jpg

hi guys ,,here the first and hopefully final build a project that we've been working on a while down-under in New Zealand...

It's an Animated short that comes with its own night time out door movie theater!..
We hope you will like it a lot and it makes you have a chuckle or two ..

cheers >>Tony

Polytronk.

Download Links:

Windows 32bit

Windows 64bit

MAC

*Readme*

Welcome to our rift theatre ...we hope you like it ...T

Looking at an empty seat and pressing the sit/stand key will start the movie. Pressing the same key again
will stand up. Sitting again once the movie has stopped will start the movie from the beginning again.

~Keys~

Keyboard:

WSAD - Movement
Mouse - Rotation
Space - Jump
Left SHift - Run
'F' Key - Sit/Stand
'Enter' Key - Reset Oculus

XBox Controller:

Left Stick - Movement
Right Stick - Rotation
'B' Button - Jump
Left Trigger/Shoulder Button - Run
'A' Key - Sit/Stand
'X' Button, L3, R3 - Reset Oculus

Comments

• WhelanWebWhelanWeb Posts: 584
    This is fantastic.

Works very well. I love the art style. Can this play any movie or just your animated short ?

I'm going to review this later today.

Dave
    Got a game in development or a cool piece of VR tech you want to show off? We are looking for demos, trailers and all things VR. Just send us a mail and we would be more than happy to feature it on our site.

http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com
  • SwashbucklerSwashbuckler Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    Looks very cool!! :lol:
  • I am a student still studying and am very interesting with Oculus Rift being in production. I would like to develop something using Oculus Rift but i am sadly lost with idea. Add to that i am not a Game Developer but a Software Eng. I would love to get someone to help me and throw out some ideas so i can get the clear picture.
  • WhelanWebWhelanWeb Posts: 584

Score can be found here

http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com/DEMO-detail/eel-creek-virtual-reality-cinema/

Keep up the work. We really enjoyed this :D
    Got a game in development or a cool piece of VR tech you want to show off? We are looking for demos, trailers and all things VR. Just send us a mail and we would be more than happy to feature it on our site.

http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com
  • PolytronikPolytronik Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Awesome! We are glad you like it. Thank you Dave for that great review...We were trying to create a very calm and relaxing atmosphere to be in, so it is really nice to see others enjoying it.

You are right, this was mainly made to showcase our animated short, but we have been looking into implementing a plugin for playing your own movies...so look out for any future releases.
  • ad2003ad2003 Posts: 196
    Haha - yeah, that was quite funny! I was sitting down watching the film and for a second I have totally forgotten that I was in a virtual cinema. The best moment was, when the littel fellows went across the stage before the screen, that made this feeling of being there, I guess. Also the sound was giving a nice cinema experience as is had some hall...

Nice work! :)

AD
    My first unity steps: In A Distance | download/post: http://goo.gl/N90bUU
    A video collection of oculus rift related stuff: http://oculus.quitebeyond.de
  • tommosaurtommosaur Posts: 38 Oculus Start Member
    My first post on the forums =)
    This is very nice, very well done, congrats =)
    I loved the small birdies (chicken?) in the cinema. The whole cinema ambience including the live band is great =)
    The only part i didn't like was having to press F to sit down, only cause i had to look it up =)
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,849
    Neo
    Well done, and very festive atmosphere! A little bit on the loud side, so be careful with loud headphones in this one. The merchandise vendor was highly amusing, reminded me a bit of Space Quest 3:
    BkXyk7J.jpg
    ad2003 wrote:
    I was sitting down watching the film and for a second I have totally forgotten that I was in a virtual cinema. The best moment was, when the littel fellows went across the stage before the screen, that made this feeling of being there, I guess.
    +1 I was like "who's down there walking around?!"
    tommosaur wrote:
    The only part i didn't like was having to press F to sit down, only cause i had to look it up =)
    Same here -- I vaguely remembered needing to hit F, but standing in front of a seat facing the screen and hitting F didn't do anything. Then I got out, double checked the instructions, then went in and this time tried looking directly at the seat I wanted to sit in -- then the F key worked.
  • uswinuswin Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    can't wait to try this on DK2 for sure. this is exactly what i imagined a big budget animation studio should created once the rift take off. so they made a VR movie theater themed from their own movie, for example toy story, monster inc, ice age (having a big theater on an ice mountain" that will be sick indeed.

please kindly keep us posted with updates man especially with DK2. nice job man. cheers
  • grodenglaivegrodenglaive Posts: 395
    Brain Burst
    cool stuff
    GA-Z97X-gaming gt; i5-4670k; Nvidia780Ti; 16GB PC3-17066; win7-64 bit; DK2
  • OculusOpticianOculusOptician Posts: 253
    Brain Burst
    drash wrote:
    Well done, and very festive atmosphere! A little bit on the loud side, so be careful with loud headphones in this one. The merchandise vendor was highly amusing, reminded me a bit of Space Quest 3:
    BkXyk7J.jpg

One of the best games ever, nice to see I'm not the only one who remembers that scene in SQ3. Those postcards were hilarious to read.
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2014
    ;)
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2014
    OK..We've heard your requests, and have decided to make changes to EELCREEK VR CINEMA..

1, finish models...Finish all animations..add more nightlife night

UNLOCK Merch booth

and try 4 new TESTS for new shots...
    Brain Burst
    ..RELEASED DATE CONFIRMED FOR VERSION 2 EELCREEK VR THEATRE _ JULY 26th 2014
  • EndaEnda Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    Looks great, will there be a mac version at any point?
    Enda
    Brain Burst
    Hi Enda, We will have a mac version over next next couple of days.

Keep an eye out.
  • EndaEnda Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    Great, looking forward to it.
    Enda
    Brain Burst
    There is a link for a new Mac build put up in the first post. Hopefully this one works, we had some trouble with the previous mac build. Let me know if it is ok.

Joel.
  • InditronicInditronic Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    Works great for me now on MAC only i cant sit down using the F Key. What am i doing wrong ?
    Brain Burst
    Not sure, Look directly down at the seat and press F...it should work.
    Hiro Protagonist
    works now, my mistake, looking forward to the new version. i think this will be one of my favorit cinema apps.
    Brain Burst
    That's great! Thanks, glad you enjoy it.
  • michealvmichealv Posts: 307
    Proud Kiwi right here, you done us proud.

Looking forward to see what you guys come up with in the future!
    CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )
    Hiro Protagonist
    Is the Update already available ? was announced for today !?
    Brain Burst
    Hey thanks for checking back. Sorry to everyone for missing the date..we have been busy with a few other projects, and we also decided to release a new version of it with DK2...and we are still waiting for ours to turn up so we can test it. Thanks for your support....we are working on it, and are definitely excited to release a new version.
  • Murpheus77Murpheus77 Posts: 125
    Art3mis
    This is really well done. Loved it.
  • ChristiaanChristiaan Posts: 386
    Art3mis
    sorry, wrong thread.
    Brain Burst
    hi peeps ,,
    so we've found a little free time, and will be adding a lot more content into this project , yes we are going to unlock in the next release as well as a few other surprises,,,in the meantime ...heres a little poster i did for the cafe/cinema complex that were opening here in wellington NZ this week ...

and heres it on our facebreak page,,,T

https://www.facebook.com/112770512104366/photos/a.579602855421127.1073741826.112770512104366/700960323285379/?type=1&theater